Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 19, 2007, 9:35 PM   #1

This is another gull shot with my FZ7.I thought the gull I posted a few days ago was my finest gull so I posted ithere.However, Iposted both gullson flickr and lots of people there love this shot and gave me little flickr awards and everything. So what do you think? Maybe it is just me.

happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 19, 2007, 9:59 PM   #2

I agree with them this is one fine photo.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
FZ 30, Nikon TCE17, QuikAim Max RDS, Zeiss Digiscope/Sony W7, Pentax K10D

WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2007, 10:13 PM   #3

I agree that this is a very nice photo. It does appear the gull only has one leg. Nice, very nice capture. Go Saints.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2007, 11:16 PM   #4

Just goes to show we all see things just a little differently. Both are great shots and it just depends on the individual as to which they prefer. If we all liked only the same thing then It would be a pretty dull world.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2007, 11:38 PM   #5

The other one was a very nice shot but this one has it beat. The way it's centered andit's closeness makes it appear to be flying out of the picture at you.

Don
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2007, 11:41 PM   #6

bayourebel wrote:
Quote:
I agree that this is a very nice photo. It does appear the gull only has one leg. Nice, very nice capture. Go Saints.
I have a lot of shots of gulls with no legs also. I think when they fly they tuck them in to keep them warm or something. It was 15 degrees when I took the picture. This guy was on the ground at the time. As an aside, a couple flickr folk commented on the poor one legged gulls, and I am thinking of making an album there of one-legged birds just to show they do that sometimes. So far in the last week one legged birds I snapped are a great blue heron, some ducks, some geese, and of course the gulls. I did not see it as much today. It got all the way up to 25 or so.

Those Saints, they will bring their long johns up with them maybe? It is bloody cold these days.

Old Jan 20, 2007, 6:20 PM   #7

Very well done, yes he appears to be one legged.

How do you like your FZ7?

Greatgreyowl/Brad
greatgreyowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2007, 8:52 PM   #8

I much enjoy the camera. It is a bit noisey on blue sky sometimes, but I have Neat Image and that works fine. For normal size pictures it does not even show. At least, so far. I am coming off an old Kodak DX4330, which had a 3X zoom and just about the only user control was picking a program mode, so I am easy to please. With the Kodak I could blur shots easily when zooming or because I am a shakey guy, and between the O.I.S. and the ability to set shutter speeds I am a lot better at not blurring even with the long zoom.

That not so good shot down below has a no-legged gull and friend. Click on it to go to flickr and navigate to the original size and you can see the amount of noise in the picture (not much in my opinion) and the amount of feather detail captured.

Old Jan 21, 2007, 1:45 PM   #9

That's really a nice gull photo. Bet you took a bunch, and digital is perfect for that! Birds absent one leg seem to do very well, or is his right main gear well hidden?
JDar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2007, 3:06 PM   #10

I am of the opinion the missing legs are tucked in the feathers. And I do take a lot. I find it hard to erase most of them but I am learning to do so. It is either that, shrink them, or by a really big spare hard drive. Files with FZ7 are way larger then my old 3 megapixel camera.