Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 21, 2007, 10:40 PM   #11

Jim, I use Firefox. Depending on what browser you use you may see something different. I just opened a flickr picture in Internet Explorer and it did not look as useful as Firefox. So, here are revised directions.

1. For first part of coding after equal sign, use address bar info, which should be the same for any browser.

2. To get the actual picture info that goes between the two img boxes, right click on the picture. Then select properties from the dialogue box. When the property box opens it should show a url. Put courser over url and click about 3 times until the whole url is highlighted, then right click and select copy.

3. Keep in mind that the two step process I am using is to comply with flickr terms of use. The picture below does not comply. I put it there merely by typing [img][/img] and putting the picture url between the two imgs. Much easier. I got the url from properties with Internet Explorer.

I like flickr and the different size pictures, but if you want to host a one size picture and keep it simple, I would recommend setting up a Photobucket account. (photobucket.com). Flickr is a pcture album place. You can use photobucket like that, but their primary purpose is to host images to use elswhere. Put a picture there and they give you all the links right under the picture to insert in emails, blogs, or forums. Several of my birds are pictures I resized and posted there, then pasted the link here. They are very easy to work with.

This picture is unretouched. I was playing with settings down by the lake one day. Her name is Daphne, a maiden from Greek mythology. There are different aspects of her on a flickr album I have called Northerly Island Sculptures if you care to see more.

happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2007, 11:06 PM   #12

Let's try this one more time......

That seems to have done the trick. Thank you for all yourwonderful help on this. By the way, I do have a Photobucket account. Was just trying to do it through flickr because that is what you used. Will have to try that with my Photobucket account also. I assume it would work the same way as far as having a clickable picture..? By the way, I'm sorrythat I highjacked your forum here for my personal gain. I'm sure that some other people will appreciate the information too, though. That last picture you posted is a real beauty. I will definitely go and take a look at the rest of them.

Thanks again,

Jim

jimbo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2007, 11:27 PM   #13

Since I did not make that picture a clickable link I made one here. It took forever to get it to be blue though. The link kept showing part of the color command when I tried it with that cute little woodpecker link above. I finally went and did a colored woodpecker link on a renaissance faire board I post pictures on. They probably think I am daft. Glad you have it working though. Nice thing about flickr is no matter what size you post their medium size is just about right for a forum posting without you having to resize.

Northerly Island Set

Had to edit this. Forgot to say I like your airplane shot. Looks like one of those contour maps almost.

happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote