Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 20, 2007, 4:10 PM   #1

This is a test of posting a picture from flickr. It is a clickable link and will take you to flickr. I just learned how it is done.

The above image is lightly cropped. The picture below is uncropped. While I could not have done so well with a 5 inch bird without my 12 power zoom, I have to say she was a very nice subject and let me walk rather close. If you go to flickr be sure and click on original size image. I can see why they are called Downy Woodpeckers.

happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 20, 2007, 5:27 PM   #2

Nice picture happy_peasant. The origional size looks even nicer.

I put that type feeder out and my stupid birds would have nothing to do with it. I changed the food but it still just hung there for over two months until I took it down. Birds were at all the other feeders.

Don
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2007, 8:21 PM   #3

Within an hour of hanging the feeder there was a male hairy woodpecker on it. I have a blurry worthless shot as he split as soon as I opened the door. Then nothing for a few days. Then a squirrel, followed by a mob of starlings. And then finally that cute little woodpecker. The feeder is south of the house and shots won't normally be good, but I was coming from the garage with camera in hand when I saw her. I will probably wait a long time to get such a good subject again.
Old Jan 20, 2007, 10:44 PM   #4

Hi happy_peasant. Exactly how do you set up one of these clickable links? That's pretty cool.

Jim
jimbo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2007, 10:52 PM   #5

It is working well.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2007, 1:40 AM   #6

jimbo5 wrote:
Quote:
Hi happy_peasant. Exactly how do you set up one of these clickable links? That's pretty cool.

Jim
To get the picture below I typed the line underneath this paragraph only without any spaces. The first part of the line up to the code [img] is copied from the address bar of the flickr page with the picture. The second part between [img]and[/img] I got by right-clicking on the picture and clicking on "copy link location". I had to ask for help on a flickr forum since I could make a picture appear here but not link back and that is a no no with flickr. A person known on flickr as stevekin helped me. The spaces are after = and before and after the img boxes.

http://flickr.com/photos/happy_peasant/359734363/in/set-72157594472684246/]
[img] http://farm1.static.flickr.com/164/359734363_acbc19ce2e.jpg?v=0 [/img] [/url]

When I type the same BBcoding and insert the links without spaces I get:

Old Jan 21, 2007, 5:59 PM   #7

Nice shot! Donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2007, 6:39 PM   #8

Very nice photos, Happy.

Congratulations on the Super Bowl, of course, would have preferred a different outcome, but at least the Saints have come a long ways after wandering in the desert. Much like Moses, they only got to peer toward the Promised Land.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2007, 9:25 PM   #9

Jim, as a follow up to my BB code info up there, here is what I just did. I just put the line below in a wordpad document on my desktop, and if I need it I will just paste it wherever and then insert links, one after equal sign and one between two img boxes.

[img][/img]

And bayourebel, thanks. Although I would have not been too sad if the Saints had won. They tried hard enough.

And thanks Donna and d-sr.

Moving on - the next thing is hopefully a clickable link with a title. I have not made one of these for awhile. and never here, so am practicing.

Click here to see a cute little woodpecker!

Old Jan 21, 2007, 9:54 PM   #10

Ok, I'm going to try one. Let me know if it works.

Jim

OK, obviously did something wrong. I can see the link but not the picture. When I right clicked on the picture, it didn't give me the option of "copy link location", only "copy" or "copy shortcut". I chose "copy shortcut". Am I missing something obvious? By the way, thanks for your help on this, and the pictures you have posted are wonderful!
jimbo5 is offline   Reply With Quote