Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 25, 2007, 8:11 AM   #11

I guess I misunderstood the question,my fz30does work that way when using the timer.........I am sorry if I added to your confusion.

If a wireless remote is important to you there are some plans floating around to make one yourself for the FZ 30/50 Not sure about the FZ7.......I made one its a pretty simple project.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 2:12 PM   #12

Quote:
If a wireless remote is important to you there are some plans floating around to make one yourself for the FZ 30/50 Not sure about the FZ7.......I made one its a pretty simple project.
You have me very curious!!!

I had wondered that if a camera has a wired remote wouldn't there be a way to trigger the switch by plugging something into the same port on the camera and activating it from across the room?

does anyone sell one?

It's not that it's important so much as I got spoiled by the one with my too older olympus cameras for the rare times that I use it, it's a nice feature.

So please tell me how to make one, or were I can buy one!!!!!

oh...is that cable extension for the shutter release generic to the point that a camera store might sell an extension? In other words do other brands' shutter releases use that type of cable or is it unique to panasonic?

Thanks again

gregg

ps...assuming it runs through the input for the cable on the camerait would not work on the FZ7 as I don't believe a remote shutter is offered for that model

gregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 2:52 PM   #13

Well I do not know where you can buy one but here is the schematic and parts needed....look at the plug its from a headset for a nokia phone and notice it is 4 segments

And here is a link to the relay board and remote....its changed some since I got mine but I think its the same, And if you decide to tackle this I will try to be more help.

Thats all you need except for 3 resistors and a switch and a battery holder

If you use google you can find a couple more versions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ype=osi_widget
Old Jan 25, 2007, 3:59 PM   #14

I think that's a bit beyond me to tackle

thanks though

you would think someone would make a device that plugs into cameras with a cord to use it remotely

oh...did you ever order anything from those people (on ebay) in china who sell that cable (if I get the fz50)

gregg

Old Jan 25, 2007, 5:03 PM   #15

Yes I did .....I got the Phayee adapter for the FZ20 and the remote and extension

There is an outfit on Ebay that is selling a remote for several cameras and they

had one for the FZ30, but when someone pointed out, they did not include the

resistors they pulled it with the promise to update the remote....I have not heard if

in fact it has been updated. this is the company

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wireless-Remote-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old Jan 25, 2007, 5:27 PM   #16

interesting thanks

I'll write to the company to see if they updated it

gregg
Old Jan 25, 2007, 5:38 PM   #17

I just posted a new topic...let's see if anyone responds

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=23

gregg
Old Jan 25, 2007, 5:52 PM   #18

If you want, go to Panny forum at dpreview and find MightyMike and send him an Email, he made a few dozen wireless remotes and had them for sale but I do not know if he has any remaining....

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=21807721
Old Jan 25, 2007, 9:27 PM   #19

ok...dumb question, who is Mighty Mike? does he make his own remotes for cameras or did he find one for the FZ50? (Genece here modified one from a plan...a bit much for me)

I haven't bought the camera yet but it is one of 3 on my list including the fz7 and the Canon s3....

I was spoiled by two olympus models that had wireless remotes...one going back to 2000 (C-3040)....I figured by now most would have a wireless remote (and a 1.8 lens for that matter)...unfortunately in the non-dslr 200-600 dollar price range I believe there is only one left...an olympus stylus

oh....I can't join dp reviews forum without giving my email address on my computer from my cable company...they don't take yahoo or hotmail as an address....as it is my hotmail box gets about dozens of spam everyday....which I don't mind as places like this provide a free forum

if you have an email for mighty mike I would be very appreciative

thanks

gregg
Old Jan 25, 2007, 9:28 PM   #20

oops...I'm sorry...I didn't realize it was you Genece who replied

sorry

gregg