Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 25, 2007, 3:29 PM   #1

Just playing around with the camera. It was a misty light rain, and low light. But I played with this in PE4. I kinda like the way it came out. Let me know what you all think. I know that 400 is noisy, but what the heck, the film was cheap. This was just a tad away from file 13.

Attached Images

bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 25, 2007, 5:07 PM   #2

Love the composition and the colors,and the birds...a tad noisey but I enjoyed it. You could try despeckle in filters in photoshop. It is not a heavy duty noise reducer but is simple and I have used it a time or two...donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 5:39 PM   #3

Thanks Donna, I tried depeckle and can't tell too much difference. Enlarging and looking close, a lot of what I thought was specks are actually rain drops.

Attached Images

Old Jan 25, 2007, 8:01 PM   #4

Yep, It probably is the rain...I will be glad for some sun. We have had a lot of grey days...and tomorrow the chill factor is in the teens for the high. I just stocked up on bird seed. I was wondering why I don't have more birds near the house, and I think I have discovered the reason. My dog...he regularly patrols the property and discourages wildlife. I envy you the cardinal. They just don't linger here. Donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 8:36 PM   #5

Jerry, I agree with Donna, I love the colors you captured. I hope you don't mind but I ran it through Neat Image and it got rid of the speckles but blurred it a little more. If you tried the original size shot in Neat Image it might work better. You can download a free copy of Neat Image which i think works really well. I use it all the time.
Attached Images

tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 8:38 PM   #6

Thanks, Donna. I always appreciate your comments and suggestions, and believe me I try them all. This next one is just for you. I think I have about 8 pair of these that reside here year round, of course, I feed them.

Attached Images

Old Jan 26, 2007, 12:03 AM   #7

That was a nice shot for ISO400. You said you had 8 pair of Cardinals at your place year round. What type food do you feed them and do you use seperate feeders for it? I've got several feeders out but have Cardinals only now and again.

Don
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2007, 8:21 AM   #8

Hi! Don. I use the Pennington brand of wildlife seed from Wal-mart. I use to be able to get it in 50# bags, but they seem to carry only the 25# bags now. Anyway, it is a mix with sunflower seeds. I tried just sunflower seeds, but it wasn't as good. The cardinals do come and go, but we see them even during the summer. Also, have the doves now, year round. So I keep some feeders out all the time, putting more in winter.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 8:26 AM   #9

Ted, thanks and you are always welcome to improve any of my photos. I have Neat Image now, but still learning to use it. What settings did you use? All I do so far is just select color, profile image and say ok.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 9:18 AM   #10

I just wanted to see what Neat Image could do with the speckles. I usually just use the default settings and they seem to work fine. I have downloaded some camera profiles that were developed by others and used those.

bayourebel wrote:
Quote:
Ted, thanks and you are always welcome to improve any of my photos. I have Neat Image now, but still learning to use it. What settings did you use? All I do so far is just select color, profile image and say ok.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote