Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 31, 2007, 8:52 AM   #1

Anyone see this

Panasonic Announces Eight New Compact Digital Cameras
SECAUCUS, N.J. (January 31, 2007) – Panasonic today announced eight new additions to their Lumix digital camera line. A brief explanation of each new camera follows, click the link to read the full press release.

Lumix DMC-TZ3, a 7.2 Megapixel model with a 10x optical zoom with a 28mm wide-angle Leica lens with image stabilization, a 3.0-inch LCD, and a compact, stylish, Stainless Steel body.
Lumix DMC-LZ7 and DMC-LZ6 with a 7.2-megapixel CCD, a 6x zoom lens and powered by AA batteries. The LZ6 comes with a 2" LCD, the LZ7 has a 2.5" LCD.
Lumix DMC-LS70 is an affordable 7.2 megapixel model with a 3x zoom and a 2" LCD.
Lumix DMC-FZ8 features a 12x Optical Zoom with Extra Optical Zoom to provide magnification up to 18x when in 3-megapixel resolution. The FZ8 features a 7.2-megapixel CCD and Intelligent Image Stabilization.
Lumix DMC-FX30 a 7.2 megapixel model that is the world's slimmest camera with a 28mm wide-angle lens with 3.6x optical zoom and a 2.5-inch LCD screen.
Lumix DMC-FX12 and DMC-FX10 boast a 7.2 megapixel and 6.0 megapixel CCD respectively, and both include a large, bright 2.5 inch LCD.

genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 31, 2007, 9:31 AM   #2

Yes I saw in Steve's home page. Sounds very interesting, particularly 18X, obviating the need for a tele-lens. Somehow, I didn't get to know the prices.
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2007, 9:58 AM   #3

FZ8 has a MSRP of $349.95. All the prices are in the body description toward the end.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2007, 11:15 AM   #4

Thanks Jerry. I was in a hurry when browsing the detailsthe first time, as I was leaving office for home! I had time just enough to glance through the images and basic specs, quickly moving from one camera to the other. That's how I must have missed the prices.
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2007, 12:42 PM   #5

Hi Gene

That TZ2/3 looks pretty interesting as its starting at 28mm wide - now thats cool ! I'll have a look at some of the other cams - but the TZ looks good.

Cheers

HarjTT

:O :?

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2007, 3:46 PM   #6

FZ8= FZ7 with extended zoom? considering all it does is focus the image on a smaller portion of the already small sensor, i wonder if this is worth it?

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2007, 4:47 PM   #7

Interesting, but nothing that would make me want to trade in the FZ30. I still think the manual zoom ring and non-extending lens is a winner from a useability point of view.

The 28mm on the TZs is a winner though. If I had the dosh I would be tempted to have one of the new TZs as a pocket, take-everywhere camera. The TZ1 was already tempting but the 28mm makes it even more so.

The RAW on the FZ8 is also interesting, I would have thought the target customer group would not be interested in the small quality enhancement at the expense of speed and card capacity.

All seem to also have a higher ISO range, interesting to see if it is useable.
rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote