Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 1, 2007, 11:12 AM   #11

Raghu wrote:
Quote:
Great shots, Roger. Did you caption the photos later, or did the owl play to your commands?!
Raghu, thanks for commenting and for looking.

LIE OF THE DAY is he did what I told him to do.

TOTALLY WACKY roger

WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2007, 12:25 PM   #12

That is GREAT Roger! Thank so much for the laugh. Also, thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures of the owl. Super job!

I'm guessing you're loving your new Pentax. I've been looking at some SLRs and had not thought of the Pentax. Now I'm checking you and your pictures out to see what you think and what kind of results your getting. heh heh. I took a look at your unoffical review and loved it.

Thanks for sharing Roger,

Teree

PS

My son is in the Young Marines and so is a friend of his. Both he and my daughter loved your owl series. Would you mind if I copied and pasted it and sent it to his fellow Young Marine friend?
gotta.learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2007, 2:04 PM   #13

gotta.learn wrote:
Quote:
That is GREAT Roger! Thank so much for the laugh. Also, thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures of the owl. Super job!

I'm guessing you're loving your new Pentax. I've been looking at some SLRs and had not thought of the Pentax. Now I'm checking you and your pictures out to see what you think and what kind of results your getting. heh heh. I took a look at your unoffical review and loved it.

Thanks for sharing Roger,

Teree

PS

My son is in the Young Marines and so is a friend of his. Both he and my daughter loved your owl series. Would you mind if I copied and pasted it and sent it to his fellow Young Marine friend?
Hi Teree, Thank you for such a nice comment and for looking.

YES!!! you can copy and past what ever you want for them. Also please tell them Thank You from me.

So far I am a real happy camper with my camera and both lenses. I am writing another review for Newbies about the BIGMA lens.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Old Feb 2, 2007, 3:27 PM   #14

WTG TWR--

Looks like theK10D and the Bigma are making for a great combo! Used a monopod or tripod on these? The IQ would indicate these would make for a great 11 x 14 framed and matted. At this rate, you should be getting some good sales of images from your web site...!

Make sure you post a link to your Bigma review...

FWIW, I shot a vertical tape measure in the drive way with my D50/Bigma and came up with some approximations that might be of interest...

Distance to subject (feet) -- ~Vertical FOV (2000-pixels vertical)

50' -- 20"

100' -- 40"

200' -- 72"

300' --110"

400' --140"

500' --175"

600' -- 210"

I've used the above to guesstimate the ~ distance to the subject assuming the approximate height of my subject versus the ratios above to the FOV...

I just got a Sigma EX 1.4TC for my Bigma yesterday... guess I'll have to repeat the above 'range-finding' test...:-)
Telecorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2007, 3:43 PM   #15

Telecorder wrote:
Quote:
WTG TWR--

Looks like theK10D and the Bigma are making for a great combo! Used a monopod or tripod on these? The IQ would indicate these would make for a great 11 x 14 framed and matted. At this rate, you should be getting some good sales of images from your web site...!

Make sure you post a link to your Bigma review...

FWIW, I shot a vertical tape measure in the drive way with my D50/Bigma and came up with some approximations that might be of interest...

Distance to subject (feet) -- ~Vertical FOV (2000-pixels vertical)

50' -- 20"

100' -- 40"

200' -- 72"

300' --110"

400' --140"

500' --175"

600' -- 210"

I've used the above to guesstimate the ~ distance to the subject assuming the approximate height of my subject versus the ratios above to the FOV...

I just got a Sigma EX 1.4TC for my Bigma yesterday... guess I'll have to repeat the above 'range-finding' test...:-)
Thanks Telecorder good information. I have copied it and will put it in my camera bag.

No on the tripod or Monopod yet. I do plan on trying them as soon as I get some extra time.

I haven't even tried my teleconver yet. I am still trying to get use to the camera before I start trying new things. To me getting use to it means when I don't have to think about what I am doing I just do it.

I just posted my Bigma review. I didn't post the link here because I was concerned it would get some folks upset. Here is the link if you want to see it. I just looked and it is getting a bunch of hits.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=80

TOTALLY WACKY roger