Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 9, 2007, 12:41 PM   #1

As always with the smaller venues in the city, the lighting was pretty poor and I wasn't able to move around at all, but I gave it a try anyway.

mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 9, 2007, 1:24 PM   #2

second to last shot is excellent ! Dunno about you, but if I com out of a situation like that with one really good shot, I'm a happy bunny!

suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2007, 2:32 PM   #3

I will second what suze said. Although I like the last one also as the hands add to the show feeling in my opinion.
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2007, 3:05 PM   #4

I am going to some theatre in the park tonight. If I come out with this sort of shot I will be extremely happy. like #2 and #4 is a standout.
rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2007, 3:12 AM   #5

Thanks for the nice comments guys. I was quite pleased at the percentage of shots that were worth keeping from that evening and only deleted nine of the 40+ pix when I uploaded them. Pany's image stabilisation really does make a difference in difficult shooting conditions.
Old Feb 10, 2007, 8:16 AM   #6

Some nice shots, Mono.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2007, 9:28 PM   #7

Nicephotos under difficult lighting. Was it indoor? How closewere youto the subject? Did you feel the need for a brighter flash?
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2007, 7:44 AM   #8

Thanks. Yes, it was indoors. The Cathouse is a club in Glagow (around 300 capacity,I think). The walls, ceiling and rear of the stage are all painted black. I was probably around twenty feet away from the centre of the stage, standing on an elevated area on the left hand side of the room. The FZ7's flash seemed to be doing a reasonable job under the circumstances and I'm always reluctant to bump up the iso unless it's the only way I'm going to come out of the gig with something toremember it by.

I should really check my daughter's pics from the show and see what settings she was using as she also has a FZ7. She goes to see a lot more bands than I do, so she's more aware of the shortcomings of the various venues as regards lighting, etc.