Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 14, 2007, 4:51 AM   #11

ANOTHER TRY
Attached Images

robass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2007, 5:07 AM   #12

ANOTHER ONE LOOKS LIKE THE QUALITY IS IMPROVING
Attached Images

Old Feb 14, 2007, 5:12 AM   #13

Picasa is the easiest of all. I am told Irfanview is also quite easy, but I have not had much success with that. Other programmes such as Photoshop and Gimp even give you an indication of the size you will be saving to, but they are much more difficult to learn. Don't lose heart. Try with Picasa again. Remember, these are the steps: Edit to your liking, export, reduce file size to 640 and set image quality to approx 90%.Try it a few times by varying the quality %. I am sure you will get good results. Best of luck!
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2007, 5:14 AM   #14

Ha! That's good! That's the way to go! Keep trying. See the results for yourself first and then post the good ones.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 5:26 AM   #15

Hi Raghu , im still battling trying to do it the way you are saying . It is not allowing me to export . so what I am doing now is finding the pics that I want then e/mailing them to myself , saving them on my desktop and then posting them on this forum , it seems a bit too complicated for me . You may have to give me a step by step guidance .
Old Feb 14, 2007, 6:06 AM   #16

OK. Just follow this:

1. I hope you know how to modify your pictures - adjusting brightness, contrast, sharpening etc. After you do that, if you drop down the menu under "File" on top, among the various options you will see "Export Picture to Folder". Just click there.

2. Leave the "Location" and "name of the folder" for the computer to decide. Come to "Image Size" - select the "Resize to" option and choose 640 or 800.

3. Next, come to the "Image Quality" option and choose "Custom". There is a sliding scale on right. The maximum level at the right extreme end is 100%. Pull the slide a little towards the left, to around 90% or 85%.

Now Press OK. On the menu on the left side, after "Albums" and "Folders", you will find "Exported Folders". Click here and you will see the folder containing the photo you just exported. Make a note of this location and the file name, to enable you to post the picture here.

Hope this clarifies.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 6:16 AM   #17

THANKS RAGHU

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP , I DO EVERYTHING YOU SAY UNTIL I GET TO CLICKING OK THEN IT TELLS ME THE FOLDER IS TOO BIG OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT , AND IT JUST KICKS ME OUT
Old Feb 14, 2007, 8:11 AM   #18

As I said I have never used Picasa but until Raghu comes back to help.....go to that exported folder......and empty it ......Move those files elsewhere.

And surelyPicasa would give you the option to export the photos to a folder of your choice..somewhere like MY Pictures......If not, I would consider purchasing something like Elements.

I have used Irfan view and it uses the Save as command like a normal program , perhaps have a look at it.

Also for simply resizing do not forget the windows resizer it does a very nice job, not perfect but OK.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote