Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 13, 2007, 2:08 AM   #1

EXCUSE MY IGNORANCE ON THIS MATTER , BUT COULD SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO SAVE PICTURES FROM PICASA2 ONTO A FLASH DISK FOR PRINTING.
robass is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 13, 2007, 6:09 AM   #2

Afterediting to your requirements, use the "save as" option andin the new window that comes up,choose your drive in the "save in" window. Nothing silly about this, every one of us has gone through the same and more doubts. Feel free to ask - there are hundreds of us to help (and confuse)you out! .. And, finally, WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2007, 8:06 AM   #3

There is no such thing as a stupid question.
An answered question is a sure cure for ignorance.

Welcome to the forum, hope to see some of your pics here soon.
tinosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2007, 8:23 AM   #4

thanks very much Raghu and Tinosa . I googled a solution but Raghu's solution is much easier , now I just need to find out how to save the pics in a smaller file so that I can post a few on this forum .

anybody care to help me out . (using picasa 2 )
Old Feb 13, 2007, 8:33 AM   #5

I follow a procedure similar to this for most everything I do with photos.I will save the photo with an added letter on the end of the filename,(such as P1010234P)so I never overwrite the original. And I use the "Save as" choice.I either create an action to save them in a certain folder or save them to the same folder they came from.

Lets say I saved them to the same folder , I will go to that folder and find all the photos with the letter I added....and move them to a folder in my documents that I may have named "To print tomorrow". There I can look at them again and if I like what I see, I use Select all and copy to your flash drive. After I am sure that went well....I can then delete the files I no longer want or in my case, move them to an external hard drive for archiving.

Maybe I should add when I first upload the photos to the computer with a card reader.....I put them in a folder with todays date , so the size of the folder is always manageable.

I use a couple different cameras so I also put the camera name on the folder I upload to. such as My DocumentD502-12-07 or My DocumentFLUZI2-12-07

I just saw you second question this should answer that...

http://picasa.google.com/support/bin...y?answer=13821

And I would add another letter to the end of that file name I would add a R so I knew it was resized, maybe even a RS for resize small or RL for resize large.

Also there is a resizer free from Microsoft that gives about 3 options of sizes and it renames them accordingly. look at the lower right side of this page for the image resizer.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2007, 8:50 AM   #6

thanks genece , gonna give it a go
Attached Images

Old Feb 13, 2007, 8:57 AM   #7

another one

(i must admit the quality of the image is not good compared to the originalin picasa)
Attached Images

Old Feb 13, 2007, 9:42 AM   #8

Genece has given you quite a number of tips. Use the "export" option. Resizethe pic to either 800 or 640 pixels - your pics look too small for the forum window. Choose image quality to roughly 80 or 90 percent to achieve a size less than 200kb - though the upper limit for posting in this forum is 250k, I haveseen mypictures rejected even if the sizewas around 210k. Hope this helps.
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2007, 10:15 AM   #9

AS Rahgu said thats kind of a small size I do not drop below 800 pixels on the long side .......and use a compression that gets the file to just under 160 kbs... yours are 26 and 16 kbs.....that is just too much compression.

But unfortunately I have never used Picasa so I can not be more specific
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2007, 1:04 AM   #10

Thanks Gene and Raghu , I think that i'm going to try a different editing programme as I just cant seem to get it right , if I save the pics any bigger than what they are it wont allow me to upload them onto this forum . the picture of the duck is very dissappointing , in picasa you can clearly see the water droplets on the bird , but you cant on this forum , Please help as I have many pics which I would like to post here but they are not going to be worthwile at this quality level.