Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 13, 2007, 4:38 PM   #1

A series at Flinders street station. I took about 30 shots over acouple of days and when I went to process, I realised I couldprobably have been taken for a stalker, the young blond girlsappeared in a number of the shots, as she was "meeting under theclocks".

The series was for the recent Panachallenge on "Tradition". This isa traditional meeting place in Melbourne. I met my first date heresome 35 years ago......

C&C welcome

this was the one I finally enetered in the challenge

cheers
Rafael (FZ30)
http://rafael.zenfolio.com/ (referral code on my page)

rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 13, 2007, 6:17 PM   #2

Very nice stained glass window! donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2007, 6:43 PM   #3

some nice shots and as donna said, luv the stain glass..
annie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2007, 7:24 PM   #4

Very nice, series. When I read your intro, first thing I thought of was a proposal.Congratulations on 35 years ago, sounds like fun, you still remember.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2007, 7:33 PM   #5

I like the windows and actually the color of the station. Has anything changed in the scene in 35 years?
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2007, 8:54 PM   #6

Thanks for the comments all.

Donna and Annie : The station has all sorts of interest. It is the site of Australias first station, though not the current building which was completed in 1910. Apart from the stained glass windows at the entrance it has a ballroom, with more stained glass and amazing decorations. Unfortunately in these tight economic times no one seems to have the $ to restore it to its former glory.

Bayourebel : no not a proposal, I'll have to get those photos online some time. My first date did not become my wife, though I do still remember her fondly, and we did have a terrific day, mostly because she was a lot better at driving a conversation than I was.

Ted : The views I have shown you are fairly similar to what I would have seen 35 years ago. Back then the flower stall would not have been inside the station, the advertising hoardings on the station would not have been there, peoples clothing etc would have been different and the tram that you see whizzing past in one shot would have been an old green one, but apart from that, the facade of the 'clocks' has been pretty much the same since 1910.

Old Feb 14, 2007, 12:16 AM   #7

Hi Rafinmelb,

I'm so glad you shared your pictures here. I loved the one you entered in the challenge. Super job!It's cool to see it in the context of the others. Great job.

Teree
gotta.learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2007, 12:30 AM   #8

Hi Teree,

Thanks heaps. The whole challenge thing is a wonderful way of learning. Just the mere process of entering a challenge and forcing yourself to DO something that is set externally is , well, challenging. The competition/voting thing is secondary to the directed learning and the opportunity to share with others (in my view). I have essentially only been taking photos (as opposed to taking family snaps) for 6 months so I have a lot to learn. Sharing on forums such as this and on the panachallengeare some of the waysof doing that learning.

Cheers