Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 14, 2007, 1:08 AM   #11

very nice Rebel , are those turtle doves in pic no.7 . they look just like turtle doves we get here in South Africa.
robass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2007, 2:09 AM   #12

Like the shak shot. It has a nice feel to it.
rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2007, 5:25 AM   #13

I love photos like this. #4 is fascinating. It has alot of photo interest.
Beth Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2007, 8:17 AM   #14

Very nice series Gerry! Thanks for sharing your part of the world. Donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2007, 8:29 AM   #15

thanks gerry... I do luv the old barns and that looks like a classic...funny seeing a robin as we are in the middle of a huge snowstorm and expecting about 30 centimeters and windchill is about-25Cin the Halton Hills area where I live and it will be a while before robins are here....all schools, etc were cancelled
annie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2007, 9:04 AM   #16

Steve, thanks for looking. I had a nice time along the bayou, just a short distance from home. I do live alongside the bayou myself. The view in my avatar is from my backyard.

Ted, thanks for looking and comment about the old barn. I remember that you also posted photos of old buildings, one I remember, was of a cabin.

Robass, thanks for viewing and the comments. The doves are what we call 'RingNecks" here, however I believe the real name is "Eurasion collared dove". I also have Inca doves, and Mourning doves.

Rafael, thanks for viewing and the nice comment.

Beth Ellen, Thanks for viewing. I also like the things of the past. It so constantly reminds me of my own being. When I see old things such as this, I wonder if only it could speak my language, what tales it could tell. When I see large oak groves standing off alone, I know there was once a home here and wonder what happened that it is no longer there and the story behind it.

Donna, thanks for viewing. I love it when others share their world with us, so turnabout is fair. I intend to do some more of these short trips in the future. One, I want to do again is both sides of the river from my home to New Orleans.

Annie, thanks for the nice comment. I thought of you when I saw that one. Passed it up, and turned back for the shot.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2007, 11:26 AM   #17

great trip and nice photos. My favorite is #4. It is yelling for a frame.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2007, 5:53 PM   #18

Hi Bayourebel!

Feels like one was on a stroll with you, learning the relaxed bayou-perspective of the world, with you pointing out a bird or a sight from time to time, telling a short story linked to it.
I like it, feels much more real than most of the things or people i meet over a day ;-)

Cheers,
RealMash
RealMash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2007, 6:51 PM   #19

Thanks Roger and Real. I REAL ly appreciate the nice comments and hope to do more of this type. When I can, I love to just ride along and enjoy what is out there for all to see, and I still miss so much more.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote