Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 22, 2007, 10:00 AM   #1

Hi all,

This is my first message in this Forum. So, let's start posting some photos I've just taken with the brand new FX30. It started selling in Japan today (Feb 22), and I decided to buy it as soon as possible. All the photos were taken using a tripod and setting the timer, avoiding the blur "effect" ! Just the photo from a digital clock was taken in the SCN option of "Starry Sky", with 15 seconds to capture the image, inside a completely dark room.

Now, the same picture, in the sequence of: ISO 100, 200, 400, 800, 1250

I hope the size of the images does not generate scroll bars.

I'll keep on learning how to use this camera. My old one is a Nikon 3200.

Edu-SP

Edu-SP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 22, 2007, 10:08 AM   #2

Wellcome to the club, enjoy your new camera. Keep posting.
Macnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2007, 12:01 PM   #3

I am going to have to look this camera up. I don't know much about it! Thanks for sharing. It is so much fun to explore with a new camera.
Beth Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2007, 12:09 PM   #4

Nice sequence with the picture. If you resize to 800 or less the whole picture will probably fit on the computer screen.

Enjoy your new camera.
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2007, 1:56 PM   #5

Hi, and welcome to the forum. Looks like the camera does some pretty good night scenes and on your test it looks like the ISO 200 was the best. One suggestion in addition to making your pictures a little smaller, watch your horizons and make sure and level them. The first picture is nice but the tilted skyline is distracting. I still have to watch myself and make sure I level my pictures.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2007, 4:19 PM   #6

Welcome to the forum. I've never ventured into those high ISOs, but it's a good way to learn about your new camera.
tinosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2007, 4:48 PM   #7

I'm with Ted, I thought it might have been an earthquake, the horizon tilted one way the photo the other. LOL

Thanks for showing these. I think a little camera with 28mm at the wide end that fits in your pocket would be excellent as a carry everywhere camera. Interesting the change in colour as ISO increased. Wonder what the WB was doing. Also the noise got noticeably worse as ISO increased, but the 400 looked pretty good to me. Were theseries of increasing ISOones taken with a tripod ?

Enjoy your new camera and show us some more.

rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2007, 7:07 PM   #8

Thanks all for the tips. I will keep on posting new photos .... I have the weekend to take some nice pics (I hope).

BTW, the sequence changing ISO was taken with the use of a tripod, inside a room with artificial light.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 11:52 PM   #9

tcook wrote:
Quote:
. One suggestion in addition to making your pictures a little smaller, watch your horizons and make sure and level them. The first picture is nice but the tilted skyline is distracting. I still have to watch myself and make sure I level my pictures.
Your camera probably has a button for viewfinder settings and one of them should be a grid. I take a lot of shots at Lake Michigan and have learned to turn the grid on before I even get out of the car. It is very helpful for keeping things level.
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2007, 1:42 AM   #10

Yes, it has !!! I have to get used to it ... I still have to read the manual, that I found in English ... it came with Japanese ones, but for me it's useless !

There are many configurations to be done depending on the scene ... it worths learning all of them.