Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 23, 2007, 12:01 AM   #1

All the shots of the ducks were done at 400 ISO and -2/3 at when the sun was coming down around 6 p.m. I keep reading in other places about the noise and water coloring of the pictures. But I just dont see that issue so I did a few shots at 400 ISO very rarely going past 100 ISO. Tell me what you think. And most of these pictures were cropped a little but nothing else.

Serafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 23, 2007, 1:13 AM   #2

like the ibis shots in particular. Don't think there is too much smearing/noise here, but there is still enough light.
rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2007, 8:49 AM   #3

Looks like the detail is still there, just a bit dark...you did a nice job. D onna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2007, 6:58 PM   #4

They look good to me nice work. The problems with noise depend on what you are doing with the shot and the conditions under which the shot was taken. If you do a large crop or view the shot at 100% then is when you will see the noise. Also, when you need the higher ISO, low light, is when the noise will show up most. I am not knocking the FZs because I use one all the time, but they do have their ISO limitations and there are some situations in which they just cannot be used effectively.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2007, 7:02 PM   #5

These are some nice shots. You seem to have scenic and cooperative ducks. Ducks around me are usually more standoffish. I saw these earlier and then tried to take a duck shot at ISO 400 in cloudy conditions, but he flew over the fence laughing at me.
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2007, 9:27 AM   #6

D.Ann wrote:
Quote:
Looks like the detail is still there, just a bit dark...you did a nice job. D onna
Thanks I set the aperature like that on purpose. Just to see if more noise would show.
Old Feb 24, 2007, 10:27 AM   #7

Very nice series!!! My favorite of the birds is #5. It is as if he is smirking you or something!!! and luv the close-ups of the white birds too!!!!
annie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2007, 11:17 AM   #8

Here is the way the pictures should have looked after some photoshopif I had not set the aperature so low.