Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 26, 2007, 4:59 PM   #1

It was really nice of Mr. S to give such a nice pose for me. If I can only pull off bird shots like this. ) Someday...

[align=center]
[/align]

Beth Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 26, 2007, 5:09 PM   #2

He sure struck a cute pose for you. I have a couple of shots of a grey squirrel that came into our yard last summer. Quite a contrast with the green grass mine is sitting on and the snow yours is on. Poor guy did not last lone, he would not stay out of the road. As for birds, the only way to do it is shoot lots and lots of shots and pick the best. I always shoot in burst mode.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2007, 5:17 PM   #3

What a charmer!!! Love your snow...we had none this year and now I am getting out of the mood for it. Donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2007, 5:45 PM   #4

I have never used burst mode...can you believe it? I need to increase my chances. )

tcook wrote:
Quote:
He sure struck a cute pose for you. I have a couple of shots of a grey squirrel that came into our yard last summer. Quite a contrast with the green grass mine is sitting on and the snow yours is on. Poor guy did not last lone, he would not stay out of the road. As for birds, the only way to do it is shoot lots and lots of shots and pick the best. I always shoot in burst mode.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 5:47 PM   #5

Snow...it sure is pretty here but am ready for Spring. We just had a blizzard here and thankfully wasn't as bad as predicted though it did dump a good amount and the snow drifts were deep. I can't wait for the buds and bugs to come out... :G

D.Ann wrote:
Quote:
What a charmer!!! Love your snow...we had none this year and now I am getting out of the mood for it. Donna
Old Feb 26, 2007, 6:07 PM   #6

That is a cute pose and it is like he was taking directions from you as to what to do!!!
annie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2007, 8:15 PM   #7

Beth, that is a wonderful capture. He sure looks as though he is also ready for spring. Have you been feeding him. I do here, and we rarely ever have snow, and I must admit, I don't miss it. While it is beautiful in photos, and for sheer pleasure sports temporarily, it does become a nusicance after a time.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2007, 12:12 PM   #8

That is a lovely shot and it was very kind of Mr S to give you the opportunity. When it gets cold enough for snow here the squirrels always seem to go into hiding unfortunately.
mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2007, 12:20 PM   #9

Yes, they do get fed here and next door they have corn cobs out. The long winters are hard on me physically and mentally but am seeking to be content until changes can come about. I think if my health was a bit better I could bear with it more.

The squirrels are sure cute. )

bayourebel wrote:
Quote:
Beth, that is a wonderful capture. He sure looks as though he is also ready for spring. Have you been feeding him. I do here, and we rarely ever have snow, and I must admit, I don't miss it. While it is beautiful in photos, and for sheer pleasure sports temporarily, it does become a nusicance after a time.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 12:22 PM   #10

Since I have been here in Wisconsin, I never see them hide...they are always running around in the snow. Not sure why...

mono wrote:
Quote:
That is a lovely shot and it was very kind of Mr S to give you the opportunity. When it gets cold enough for snow here the squirrels always seem to go into hiding unfortunately.