Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 27, 2007, 3:50 AM   #1

Just spotted this little post tucked away on the strobist website on setting up a macro studio for $10 - looks pretty neat esp for $10!

http://strobist.blogspot.com/2006/07...to-studio.html

Bye, the way this site is excellent for showing you how get the best out of lighting - using off camera flash to get some amazing results by using simple flash guns like the good ol 383! Its a must read.

http://strobist.blogspot.com/2006/03/lighting-101.html

Cheers

HarjTT

:O :?
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 27, 2007, 12:50 PM   #2

Thanks HarjTT, I really have to take some time and review sites like these and try dome of the ideas.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2007, 2:31 PM   #3

Thats one of the best sites I've come across and he's setting out to do everything on the cheap - quality gear but only whats needed. Even the Pocket Wizard wireless remote's (which are the most expensive part of the whole setup) can be replaced by $20 versions on ebay - I doubt they'll ever be to the pocket wizards quality but for $20 you can;t complain.

If I come across any other sites that can help us get better I'll let everyone know.

Cheers

HarjTT

:? :O
Old Feb 28, 2007, 12:24 AM   #4

Thanks HarjTT, Just looked at the site and Wow, lots of good information. I already saved it in favorites. Now if I could just memorize everything I read and apply it. Oh well.

Al
mebareit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2007, 12:58 PM   #5

nice websie/forum HarjTT!!!

I already bought a colapsible tent to shoot small thaings that I wanted to sell on E-Bay. I have found it easier to use a local sevice called I Sold It On E-Bay, they do all the work for a commission so I have yet to apply the tent to high key table top flowers.

I always like to find a easier way. If a recipe calls for 6 ingredients I like to dot it with 3 or 4. Some will call me cheap but I see it as a form of minmalist art. I like the use of the box as a short term solution. A good idea (according to me) is to build a cube from a child Tonka Toy building set (various lengths dowls with connecting joints) for a small unit or better still a cube from thin PVC pipe and 8 corner connections. The size possible is only limited to your imagination/budget. Abed sheet can serve as the tent material. Digital cameras have a very good light balance so costly strobes can be replaced with desk lamps or reflectors with incondescent or flourescent lights with a screw in base.

When it gets warmer and I buy a coop to move toI will look into applying these ideas.

Yes I know I have mastered the art or procrasintation!

BiLL

:|
bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2007, 8:45 PM   #6

as always harj
you are a wealth of information
thanks
pete
deterpawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2007, 8:40 PM   #7

Well I eventually got around to this project and here are some initial results:

Quite happy with the initial results, just need to experiment with some alternative lighting, well worth the 40p for the tracing paper!!
Seedubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2007, 9:19 AM   #8

Hi HarjTT, I was doing "tabletop miniature photography" .Using my table lamp ,SB-22 Flash and A-4 size paper sheet.Results were encourageing(I won't say it is excellent).Then there was "lello" with his home made ring flash.All this has encouraged me to be more inventive.On that thread somebody has mentioned your name.I am bit curious in nature.(So many things are running inside my head,wishes were there if anybody working on similar pattern,it will be easier for me to work something out ,by shareing the experiences) So I begged him to give me your address.But I think he must have lost your address and I was searching for you all over the world.Now here you are with the "Bang" just setting over my head( What we say here is "Wahe GURU ki Kirpa",).OK now I got the thread.:-):-)
mcliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2007, 8:10 PM   #9

Hi Guys & Gals

I'm just glad to pass stuff like this on and make us a wee bti more creative - not that the guys and gals here aren't !
Seedbuds - those shots look very good indeed nto bad for a first attempt ! Work's taking up too much time lately and I'm just getting around 15 mins photography time a day - if that and I haven;t got around to put together the little studio. Hopefully, I'm going to try and get it setup this week and get my $10's worth !

Mclui, you'd got me thinking about that thread - any chance you could post it ?

WJKK WJKF

HarjTT

:O :?
Old Mar 18, 2007, 9:49 PM   #10

Hi HerJTT,Plz do not get worried.This is my post :-http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=119713&forum_id=23 ,where I was doing the thing with rudimentry stuff & somebody has mentioned your name which made me to search for you(So worries are mine).
mcliu is offline   Reply With Quote