Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 27, 2007, 5:09 PM   #1

This will be a very newbie question, but am new to adding lenses to my FZ20, and I wanna make sure I get this right.
Have read through these threads and have come to the conclusion that the Tcon-17 is a popular choice that fits into my price range at the moment. But looking at some sites they mention 2,3, and sometimes 4 model types ie tcon-17c, tcon-17f etc. Which is the one I need please - dont want to bugger up the order lol.
Also as a side note - which of the panasonic tele lenses can I use on the FZ20, I think the LTZ10 ?? was originally for the fz20 (but hard to find), just wondering if any of the others are compatible with this model.

Many thanks Allblack
allblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 27, 2007, 6:45 PM   #2

You need the TCON-17 with no letter following. Any of the Panny teleconverters will work you just have to adapt them to the proper thread size. With the FZ-20 the Oly TCON 14B works very well but is 1.4 vs the TCON-17 at 1.7. You will also need an adapter to allow you to attach the 14B or 17 to the camera. I don't know the names of the adapters but some others here can give you specifics.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2007, 9:24 PM   #3

As was said you need the one with no letter and it will look like this one and have 55mm threads.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search

Also as was said you will need an adapter......if you do not have one or understand how they work ...we will be glad to help.

here is one such adapter.....I think you can alsoget the Tcon17 from that vendor, his name is lovelife and he is a member here. Email him and he can help you out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CRing-Adapter-ca...QQcmdZViewItem
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2007, 11:50 PM   #4

You did not say if you have a lens adapter and if so which one. If you are planning on adding lenses you will want to get an adaprer if you don't already have one. I know my adapter uses a 62mm thread so I can just screw on the TCON-14B (1.45x teleconverter) or the WCON-08B (0.8x wide angle) converter lenses. I think some of the other adapters have a different mm thread size. With my lenses I don't need any step rings to adapt the lenses. There are some that think the TCON-14's are better then the TCON-17's although less powerful. You will want to be sure of the lens adapters thread size so you can get the correct lenses and step up or step down rings.

Al
mebareit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2007, 1:08 AM   #5

Thanks for the replies.
I already have an adapter and the step down ring to 55mm, so will try and source a tcon-17 from overseas (not from here - prices here are around $220 AU) or ebay.

Thanks again all

Allblack
allblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2007, 8:11 AM   #6

I can understand, if you have doubts about one your looking at, post the link here and we will have a look at it.

genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2007, 4:35 PM   #7

Allblack don't know wheer you are but it sounds like OZ. There are a number of places in OZ that have the TCON. Here is one

http://centre.net.au/Olympus_TCON_17...ns_0007T7.html

Under $200 AU.
rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote