Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 4, 2007, 1:34 PM   #1

This used to be a cold region: the northern part of Germany.
But we are victims of the local (or more..) warming.

Some shots from today:

And this was earlier tonight:

We had clouds and this was the remaining lunar eclipse when they disappeared.
Full moons are rather flat objects. It is not so easy to make the structure visible.

1,2 FZ5, minolta achromat #2
3,4 FZ5 pure
5 FZ5, f:2,8 t 1/30, iso 100, continous, 10* "teleconverter"

Sven

http://seemolf.awardspace.com/

seemolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 4, 2007, 2:14 PM   #2

Concerning the first pics: I know what you mean, it looks like late spring here as well. Scary.
Nice pics, dangerous cause, though.

Concerning your Moon-shot:
ARGH! You did it again! *grin*
I get "Teleconverter envy"-again!

The best I could do is in another thread-the apperture I could muster was probably to low, I wanted the redish hue during total eclipse.,. I did not dare to go to long an exposure, did you use a "deutsche Montierung" (or German mount, for the others) or was it a simple tripod?

I did not have a clear sky during the beginning or end of the eclipse, I did have my window of cloud opportunity open during the total eclipse.

What do you think of a "Russentonne" or will you stay with your apochromatic mutation?

Cheers,
RealMash
RealMash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2007, 2:48 PM   #3

Hi Realmash,

actually I don't like the tcons so much.
This is more like a telescope - the picture is upside down / downside up (I like P.G.)
This one was taken with the "Wundertüte" Beroflex 8/500 and a pentacon 1.8/50 reversed. Mounted on a normal Linhof tripod - even this part is swinging for some time: 2400mm (35mm) effective focal length in this case!
1/30 sec. needs no german mounting, but this would have been the right part for 2.5 sec shots of the red moon.
The "Russentonne" Lomo 8/500 mirror tele is a nice part on a SLR. It is quite complicated to adjust this part in a telescope / teleconverter configuration.

Cheers,
Sven

Old Mar 4, 2007, 3:06 PM   #4

I love all your images here. Macros are great, colors are wonderful in the Peacock and the moon is superb.

Beth Ellen
Beth Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2007, 3:14 PM   #5

Love the peacock, wonderful colours and framing.
rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2007, 3:30 PM   #6

Thanks seemolf!

I guessed that much, that one would need a german mount to keep the moon in center when using more than an 1/50th of a second or such, definitly for more than one second. Longer Exposure might have been an option. I tried to cancel out some vibrations by leaving the balcony and using a remote shutter from inside the flat-but I did not have not as much success as I would have expected. I was not able to manually adjustt the focus-enven touching the camera made the magnified pic on the Display blurry. The autofocus started hunting-not enough contrast! I think there are two major roads to take, a better tripod and -maybe Some Telescope/Digiscope.

I switched from the Olympus Tcon to the Nikon one, there seems to be a slight increase in sharpness.
I rember the Picture of your Tele-lens-muataion ;-).
I can imagine that it would take some time to settle on a tripod, but the apperture is probably much wider than my teleconverter aproach. So I am a bit disapointed that the clouds were so incosiderate to not open up for you to do a reference pic.

Your gear would have been much better, and as we have seen numerous times, you know how to use it.

We`ll see the next time, is that in about, end of this Year and February next year?

Btw-seemolf: Somone did outdo you, he must have been on a very high altitude and the equipment I don`t dare to imagine. They used stacker and added some pics.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/409230105
http://www.flickr.com/photos/turfcut...ool-astronomy/

This is really awesome-how about a combined effect to take back the prize? You might need to come over to the south anyway to find a suitable Mountain ;-)

Btw.-both are DSLR´s, both have used 1.6 and five secs respectively.

Darn, I should have tried a longer exposure...oh well, I´ll try next autumn and next February.

Cheers,
RealMash
RealMash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2007, 3:52 PM   #7

thanks Beth and rafinmelb,

at least this warm climate helps with some shots!

realmesh,

these pictures on flickr are very nice. I wanted to catch the red phases too.....
You can get a similar resolution with my tcon100. I shot three stacks of 40 - 50 pictures each. They will be processed soon.
I am using a pneumatic release and stop breathing ;-) during the shots.

Sven

p.s. this was done without stacking:

Old Mar 4, 2007, 4:32 PM   #8

Great photos.

Really like the peacock ones...so vibrant. Would look great on large paper I am sure!

I missed the moon. Forgot about it...I was looking forward to trying to take a picture and then just went and forgot.
Oh well....

Your moon shot is excellent!

jussiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2007, 4:50 PM   #9

thanks JussiUK,

I needed some bigger shots of the peacocks for my feather series.
These animals are living 200 m away from my house. But I had to wait for springtime.

Sven
Old Mar 4, 2007, 5:39 PM   #10

Wondeful peacock shots!!! Donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote