Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 5, 2007, 6:15 AM   #11

thanks again for looking and for the comments!!
annie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2007, 8:25 AM   #12

Nice winter scenes. Is the Credit a stream?

bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2007, 6:39 PM   #13

Thanks for looking Gerry. The Credit River is a river that starts inOrangeville, flows all the way South through Caledon Hills, Brampton, and Mississauga before falling in Lake Ontario. It is not a huge river but it has a salmon and great fishing and the part near us is pretty clean for swimming. My husband has gone out canoeing on it with my daughter in the summer and as it is a one way trip, he will start in our area and I will pick him up downstream. Parts of the Credit River are very picturesque.
Quote:
The Credit River is a river in southern Ontario which flows from headwaters above the Niagara Escarpment to empty into Lake Ontario at Port Credit, Mississauga. It drains an area of approximately 1,000 km². The total length of the river and its tributary streams is over 1,500 km.

Despite urbanization and associated problems with water quality on the lower section of this river, it provides spawning areas for chinook salmon, and rainbow trout. There is a fish ladder on the river at Streetsville. Much of the river can still be travelled by canoe or kayak, although, in some sections, landowners with property edging on the river may not be in full agreement. The headwaters of the Credit River is home to a native self sustaining brook trout population.

Credit Valley Conservation, the local watershed management Conservation Authority operates several Conservation Areas including Belfountain, Island Lake, and Terra Cotta.

Forks of the Credit, a Provincial Park is located on the upper part of the river between Brampton and Orangeville, and is near the Bruce Trail.

The river was named Rivière au Crédit by French fur traders, because trading goods were supplied to the native Mississaugas in advance (on credit) against furs which would be provided the following spring. A trading post was set up here in the early 18th century

The Credit River is home to a wide range of wildlife. Some species are permanent or seasonal residents while others are sighted occasionally: 244 species of birds 64 fish species 41 species of mammals 5 species of turtles 8 kinds of snakes 17 amphibians (frogs, toads, salamanders & newts) 1330 species of plants
Old Mar 5, 2007, 6:50 PM   #14

Nice ones Annie, even Mega. OIS would not have helped camera shake if I was out in that cold.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2007, 10:26 PM   #15

Thanks, Annie for the info. I am always interested in background info of subjects.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2007, 10:54 PM   #16

In the first two, I had to go back after reading they were icicles. I thought the large one on the left was either a statue or a frozen person the first time around. My eyes are going too I guess.

Won't you be glad when you can take shots of green things that are not pines?
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2007, 6:08 AM   #17

thanks for the comments and for looking.

Quote:
Won't you be glad when you can take shots of green things that are not pines?
Having seen your winter wonderland scenes, I think we both will be glad for other green things to take photos of, especially in a warmer setting as well where one can relax when taking photos!!!
Old Mar 6, 2007, 11:02 PM   #18

Chilling shots Anne..........a true canadien winter eh !!!!!!!!
deterpawson is offline   Reply With Quote