Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 5, 2007, 6:12 PM   #1

Well, if I make it back to the lake tomorrow (see ice post) to try and improve on that shot, maybe the wind will be whipping off the lake as hard as it was today and I can get a chance to improve this shot just a little, like get all of him in the frame. Although, from the look in his eye, he has no more patience with me. This is another one to click on the picture and see the large size.

happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 5, 2007, 6:25 PM   #2

That is a great shot with one flaw. As you have rightly pointed out, you do not have the gull in frame. But the gull position is so interesting and you even get the eye glint. It is sharp and the detail looks goodeven when I look at the full size image on flickr.

I reckon some of the photoshop wizards (not me) could do wonders with a crop and a recplacement of the background. Did you do any PP?
rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2007, 6:44 PM   #3

I have clipped quite a few birds myself. It is really a challenge! )
Beth Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2007, 6:46 PM   #4

rafinmelb wrote:
Quote:
T

I reckon some of the photoshop wizards (not me) could do wonders with a crop and a recplacement of the background. Did you do any PP?
This was right out of the camera with not even a Photoshop quick fix. If the wind comes in at a slightly different angle I might catch the birds with lake or beach behind them next time, but today was so windy and the direction such that they were in one of two places at all times, to landward of me, or right in the sun. I am not very good at background replacement (or anything to do with layers) myself, although I might have thought about a crop if I had more bird.
Old Mar 5, 2007, 6:46 PM   #5

Good Job Happy, I feel lucky just to get the camera to focus on a BIF.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2007, 10:41 PM   #6

Happy, I am always amazed at your BIF photos. I have not been able to get what I call a really decent one yet after a year of trying. Telecorder and Roger also seem to be able to get great BIF photos.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2007, 1:22 AM   #7

nice happy , very nice . I'm still trying to get a BIF to fit into my viewfinder
robass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2007, 1:58 AM   #8

Nice shot happy, excellent detail in the eye and beak.
tinosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2007, 3:09 AM   #9

Happy,

Hope you don't mind. If you do I will delete the photo. I took the liberty of trying some PP on your wonderful shot. Didn' spend a lot of time so the edges are a bit rough.

of course, what I SHOULD do is go out and get my own BIF to play with. Trouble is I keep fluffing it.
rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2007, 7:45 AM   #10

rafinmelb wrote:
Quote:
Happy,

Hope you don't mind. If you do I will delete the photo. I took the liberty of trying some PP on your wonderful shot. Didn' spend a lot of time so the edges are a bit rough.

of course, what I SHOULD do is go out and get my own BIF to play with. Trouble is I keep fluffing it.
No, I don't mind. I will have to try that myself on one. Blur and burn tools maybe? I will tell my birds to tell your birds to fly slower for you.

In an Illinois bird forum someone just asked what kind of camera to get for bird photography and someone posted the link below as their sole response. Check it out.

http://picasaweb.google.com/illini.i...rdsPreferNikon