Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 7, 2007, 1:34 PM   #1

I just recieved my camera, purchased online from VANNS. I was very pleased with the ordering process and delivery speed from them. However....

When opening, I noticed an insert with the manual about a Canada-only warranty. My question is is this included with all FZ50s and my model is also under US warranty or did I get screwed into buying a Canada exclusive model and now have no warranty to rely on?

Your help would be appreciated, if it is the case that my model is not under warranty, I want to return it as soon as possible and purchase from another seller.
zonaphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 7, 2007, 5:31 PM   #2

zonaphoto,

Have you contacted Vanns? They are a reputable company and, I'm sure, will answer your question to your satisfaction.

--
Dick
http://rschofield.smugmug.com/

rschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2007, 8:26 PM   #3

To the best of my memory that is the way the camera comes, it is a N.A camera and there is no USA card....There is a number in the Manual .....you can call and make sure, but I think you just need to keep the Sales slip....I am pretty sure thats the way it was with my FZ30 and I bought it from Panasonic USA.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2007, 9:08 PM   #4

Thanks Gene, that's what I was hoping. I did see the US warranty info in the manual after posting this message. I plan on calling Panasonic tommorow just to be positive.
Old Mar 8, 2007, 1:10 PM   #5

update in case anyone else is concerned about this: Gene was correct, that Canda Warranty insert is included I guess because they did not include information in the manual. I called Panasonic today to verify the serial number.

I also should add that VANNs is a terrific store, it was my first time ordering from them and if anyone is looking for a place to purchase an FZ50, I would definetely recommend going through them.