Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 8, 2007, 8:05 PM   #1

Hi,

I have a Panasonic FZ10 and I was given an Olympus WCON-08E wide angle lens. What adapter do I need to get the lens to work with this camera? I believe the WCON-08 has a 43mm thread.

Thanks
gx00850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 8, 2007, 8:09 PM   #2

Sorry, I mean to say the rear threads on the WCON-08E was 53mm. THANKS
Old Mar 8, 2007, 9:40 PM   #3

The Wcon 08E has 55mm threads and was supplied with a43 to 55mm step ring.

So which type of adapter do you have? you can not use it on the Panasonic adapter you need an aftermarket one.

Something like this and then a 52 to 55 step up ring.

http://www.bugeyedigital.com/product...y-rt5264p.html
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2007, 9:40 PM   #4

That would depend on what lens adapter you are using. The WCON-08E has a 55mm thread and should have come with an adapter to bring it down to 43mm. My adapter uses 62mm threads on the lens end so I would need a step down ring or a conversion ring to go from 62mm to 55mm. If you know what adapter you have we can help you as not all adapters use 62mm. If you don't have a lens adapter you will need to get one before you can do much.

Al
mebareit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2007, 9:49 PM   #5

Hi Gene, did I just goof up? Don't we go from camera side to the lens to determine if it is a step up or a step down?

Al
Old Mar 8, 2007, 10:09 PM   #6

You are correct ...You are just going from large to smaller and I was going the opposite way.....I think we both may be correct or I am having a senior moment again.

And if I would have seen your post I would have stayed out of it as you explained it quite well. IMHO.
Old Mar 8, 2007, 10:32 PM   #7

Hi Gene, I caught that after I made my last post. I was going from a 62mm adapter down and you were going from a 52mm adapter up. Before I bought my adapter I spent a lot of time looking at the different lenses to decide what lenses I wanted. I decided that an adapter with a 62mm front thread would work well for me. All my lenses use the 62mm thread without the need for step rings, the TCON-14B, WCON-08B, and the MCON-35. I was originally going to get the Nikon 6T but after watching the crazy prices they were going for on ebay I opted for another Olympus lens. I hope I am done buying lenses for a while. I still need to get my flash unit, the Sunpak 383 Super. Maybe next month.

Al
Old Mar 9, 2007, 8:40 AM   #8

Thanks guys. I think I have a 62mm adapter. It is not marked, but I believe it is 62mm since I use it as an adapter for my TCON-14B that has 62mm threads. So I guess I need a 55mm to 62mm step ring. Any recommendations on where to buy? Thanks for the help and I apologize for such basic questions.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"

Old Mar 9, 2007, 10:22 AM   #9

AS was stated it is a 62 to 55mm step down ring and they can be purchased at most any camera store or at B&H.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...+stepdown+ring