Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 10, 2007, 10:22 AM   #1

of those days where you spend about an hour taking pictures and your not happy with any of them when you get home. Thats the case with these but I thought I would share them anyways.

This one was taken at 12x zoom with FZ50 then cropped a little. Couldnt get closer because it was over a fence in sombodys yard.

Another one shot at 12x zoom and cropped a little also.

I posted a question also earlier. But this has been happening to me all the time lately here where my posts are not posting for some reason? Anyways just wondering if anyone out there is getting the DMZ-TZ3. Would love for my wife to have a better camera than her 3 year old coolpixs s1. But I would know which one to give her my G7 or the DMZ-TZ3:?. Does anyone know when they are going to be available im curious to see some pictures taken from it.
Serafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 10, 2007, 11:03 AM   #2

the yellow lily like flower is awesome.
gees so many birds on one tree must have been a buffet of some sort of insect, nicely captured.
and the last one, is that? CAN U GUESS WHAT THIS IS??? well methinks it maybe a a doormat or ground covering of some sort.
great shots.
pete

deterpawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2007, 12:22 PM   #3

all are clever shots.If asked in put in best 3 order the all deserve to be at # 1
mcliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2007, 1:46 PM   #4

They all look pretty good to me. Can't help you with the camera question but have fun shopping.
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2007, 6:00 PM   #5

Hey Serafin I think you are being a bit harsh on yourself. Those three are still pretty neat. The flower is well exposed and great background separation. Probably a bit too central but sometimes we get what we can get. The second shot is really interesting for the little slice of nature you are documenting, It is really hard to bring drama to a shot like that, I have seen pro shots that fail at it. What you have done is show us how prolific nature can be. I think the third one, though is the most succesful. It is a really interesting abstract in that as well as capturing an interesting pattern you have taken us a bit beyond. The way you have angled the shot and given us some selective focus invites us to consider where the pattern might end. You can stare at this and consider the infinite. Clearly my favourite.

rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2007, 8:41 PM   #6

I sure can't see what you are unhappy about, the shots look good to me. To bad you did not have a nice blue sky for that second shot, it sure would have been pretty with the white birds. But, to answer your question, I have one of those days almost every day.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2007, 8:44 PM   #7

Thanks for the nice comments just thought I had a bunch of other shots that were good. Im practicing with using manuel mode and its going to take a little time to get used to it.
Serafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2007, 2:42 PM   #8

nice shots serafin . your hibiscus pic at full zoom is very good , I also like the contrast between the trees ,green front and grey at back , very nice
robass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2007, 3:23 PM   #9

I like #2, it screams "evergreen" to me so loudly I didn't notice the birds at first glance.
The last one is real eye candy.
Thanks
tinosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2007, 9:19 PM   #10

I don't see any reason why you feel unhappy about these pics. The hibiscus is superb - we only get to see the red ones here. The tree with birds is an excellent capture and you could have submitted #3 for the small aperture contest! All are very well executed.
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote