Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 11, 2007, 10:18 PM   #1

The other day I posted the grebe underwater, and since his head was submerged you could not see his cute face. so below is a grebe shot. Note the red eyes. Not a side shot so you can see one eye like a ruby; for some reason they did not come out well. But I like this one. How often am I going to take a shot of a wary waterbird and be close enough to see both sides of his head decently?

Others are harbor this morning. A plus to Daylight Savings Time this early is I can get up early enought to catch a sunrise without it being too early on the clock. Beyond those trees at the back of the picture is a park road, beyond that is Lake Michigan, so a nice place for sunrises. I kind of like it over the harbor though.

Click on them to see large. The sunrises especially look fine that way. A pity they last about 15 minutes tops and then gone.
Steve

happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 11, 2007, 10:30 PM   #2

as always peasant you take some fab shots.....yup those red eyes.... quite a unique shot.......love that 2nd pic, the 1st sunset, so serene, makes me wanna write a poem......
pete
deterpawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2007, 10:34 PM   #3

as always peasant you take some fab shots.....yup those red eyes.... quite a unique shot.......love that 2nd pic, the 1st sunset, so serene, makes me wanna write a poem......
pete

by the way i took some pix today and as luck would have it i ran across some gulls in flight and darn darn darn i forgot the notes on how to capture birds in flight ( the advice you gave me ) got some ok shots though....thanks for your advice.... will use it next time
deterpawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2007, 11:51 PM   #4

Hard to pick a favorite Happy but it has to be the second one for me.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2007, 2:54 AM   #5

Have to agree with Ted. Just love the peacefullness of that second shot.
rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2007, 3:28 AM   #6

Both the sunrise shots are gorgeous....i think shot #3 is my favourite by a small margin. I`ve never been able to get close enough to our Grebes to get a shot like #1, so well done on that one.....lovely sharp pic.

Mark H
Mark H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2007, 9:17 AM   #7

those are all nice shots and I live the third one myself...beautiful colours!!!
annie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2007, 10:43 AM   #8

Not the same as Picture Of The Day, but my wife is always bugging me to send pictures to the local NBC weather guy so I sent him the middle one of this set. Just got an email from him he will send it to his substitute tonight, and it will also appear in one of the Sunday papers.

Too bad they don't have camera info to go with the picture or I could maybe make a few more Panasonic converts.
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote