Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 15, 2007, 12:57 AM   #11

Super city scenes again Raphael, I am enjoying seeing your city through your camera lens.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2007, 12:58 AM   #12

Great photos, sharp details and well exposed.
The contrast between the ornate older structues and the sterile modern ones is stunning.
tinosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2007, 2:46 AM   #13

ac, mark, peter ted and tinosa, thanks for the kind comments. It is a pleasure to share on this supportive and firendly forum.

happy, some of our buildings are pretty scruffy for similar reasons to the ones you outlined. These just happened to be some of better maintained ones.

WindRowe, it was difficult shooting inside the building. In that situation I generally take several shots and try to expose them differently. I will usually do a spot metre on a bright area and then use positive exposure compensation and try a couple of variations, I will also then spot metre on a dark area and do negative exposure compensation and try a couple of variations. When I get home I choose the one I like best. This particular shot was harder because it was quite a slow exposure and the softness is my camera shake. Just wish the dynamic range of the cameras was a bit broader.

Thanks all.
rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2007, 10:04 AM   #14

Yeah they don't let us take picture in most of the places for security reasons. I can understand their predicment for they fear that we are going to "SHOOT" them literally.:G:G:G
By the way I like the shot ,keep post and "KEEP on SHOOTING":-)
mcliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2007, 4:38 PM   #15

Thanks mcliu. Melbourne is generally pretty relaxed. I was able to shoot inside the hotel and inside the state library last week. I suppose banks just have to be careful.

rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote