Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 15, 2007, 7:13 PM   #11

Hi Mcliu

Very interesting shots, Looking at these shot I take it you have not managed to make a ring-flash yet? While you are waiting for your wife to buy some more bowls:G,Try defusing the light with things like tissue paper,white plastic etc, and increasing the flash strength to compensate the tissue paper

Regards

Lello

lello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2007, 7:46 PM   #12

Hi Mcliu

It will also soften the shadows.
Your friend

Lello
lello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2007, 10:44 PM   #13

Hi lello,Yeah you are right till now "no suceess"(I have made one actually,but it is not working as good as yours,not even to1/4 th way)But I have not lost my ethusiam.I am working on another one.After all Wright brother too didn't make the machine fly in very 1 st attempt.
Well my Wife is happy now She says"till the Boys are with their Toys,they are less bothersome":sad::sad: "Thanks for the tip"as always I am obliged with your kind advice
mcliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2007, 10:56 PM   #14

Hi refinmelb,I have seen HarjTT somewhere recently.I think is it at "Worldphotography forum". I am not very sure.Could you please send me the thread."Easy to locate:idea:" Thanks for viewing(PS:- I would credit all this to "lello" for he has fired my imagination,On the way to make a home made ring flash ,I have discovered too many thing which I have not learned in Books.I made a lots of mistake .Each mistake has taught me a new thing, give me a new insight to see the thing differently,So make lots of mistakes and have funs)
Old Mar 15, 2007, 11:17 PM   #15

That light box rafinmelb mentione; I think I saw some flickr people posting pictures of theirs, and at least one was a lampshade.

For the globe I wonder what you could do with colors. Not right behind it but if there was a colored backdrop to either side maybe the colors would reflect in/through the globe.

A good start to your new photography project.
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2007, 12:46 AM   #16

Great :idea:. I am going to work on it. Thanks for input happy_peasant...