Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 15, 2007, 7:30 PM   #1

Just a few bird shots. Hopefully I won't bore people with them. I did fairly well with birds today, and picked a small sampling here just because I liked the backgrounds as well as the birds. The day was pretty, but there was a wind blowing all the way down that 300 mile long lake, and it was too brisk for me. Back to the winter coat I guess.
Click any picture for large version
Steve

Nice hazy sun.

Fluffy clouds. This was almost into the sun.

Looking over the harbor towards downtown.

happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 15, 2007, 7:37 PM   #2

3 excellent shots, the second one really stands out with that background though....superb!

Mark H
Mark H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2007, 7:53 PM   #3

Mark H wrote:
Quote:
3 excellent shots, the second one really stands out with that background though....superb!

Mark H
Thanks for looking and commenting. I do like fluffy clouds myself. We don't have them enough. Usually streaky ones or big billowy ones off the lake.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 8:45 PM   #4

You certainly seem to have nailed down BIF after a lot of perseverence! Congratulations on three great shots.
My personal taste opts for #1. I like the mood created by the backlighting and the soft illumination.
Look forward to seeing more when it warms up a bit.
WindRowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2007, 9:18 PM   #5

That second one is great Happy. You are getting better and better with the birds in flight.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2007, 9:59 PM   #6

Thanks for nice comments windrowe and Ted. Maybe I am getting too good. The shot below is one of at least a dozen that I got today that are keepers. And that's just the flight pictures. I'm gonna need another spare hard drive. I do have fun though. Today I took a lot of pictures at f/7.1, which I have never done before. Worked well. Less blurry birds. Backgrounds are not too blurry either, but with the right background it does not matter, and if it does I have that blur tool.

Oh, by the way, this BIF. It took me forever to figure out when someone used those initials it meant Bird In Flight. I thought it meant Bird In Frame because of how hard it is to keep all of them in the picture.

This picture looks much better if you go to the large version, because then you can see his glinty eyeball.

Old Mar 15, 2007, 11:08 PM   #7

Hi Happy_peasant,I feel any moving thing is most difficult to shot.I have been trying to get a shot of "flying pegion" since months together.but could not capture one.they suddenly change their "flight path" & my pic. goes "poof".You have captured it very well with details .It is a great work:|
mcliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2007, 11:11 PM   #8

peasant
fab shots
#1 ........just gorgeous
#2........captured that wingspan really good
keep on sharing
im not bored
pete
deterpawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2007, 12:24 AM   #9

mcliu wrote:
Quote:
Hi Happy_peasant,I feel any moving thing is most difficult to shot.I have been trying to get a shot of "flying pegion" since months together.but could not capture one.they suddenly change their "flight path" & my pic. goes "poof".You have captured it very well with details .It is a great work:|
I think pigeons are much harder then gulls. they don't hover and they change paths as you mentioned. I been thinking of working on them though. Most of ours are so drab, but to today I met this one at the harbor ..............

Old Mar 16, 2007, 12:42 AM   #10

Thanks for consolation.:-):-)I am waiting for it to fly
mcliu is offline   Reply With Quote