Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 18, 2007, 3:17 PM   #11

my 0 my m8t !!! no 10 is the shot for me them eyes are super cool :G
looks like u have been enjoying some great insect shots..as all ways it nice to see your work.....looks like I will have to pull out the ole fz20 and get back to work myself :G been toying with my Nikon d80 for a little while now, but I still know what will get the macro job done :-).

great posts m8t and nice to see ya!!!

wILLOw
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2007, 4:37 PM   #12

Terrific macro shots well captured, I see you can even get

that raynox 250 macro lense to clip onto a Nikon D80 lens, I wonder if anyone has tried it?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Raynox-DCR-250-Macro-4-Nikon-D40-D40x-
D50-D70s-D80-D200_W0QQitemZ190093509009QQcategoryZ3
0070QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2007, 7:51 PM   #13

Hi TC

As always just amazing shots - have to say this set looks to be the best macro's you've done to date. Everyone of them a cracker!

:? :O

Cheers

HarjTT

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2007, 9:11 PM   #14

Hi! Spider Man, welcome back. My you must have been busy. But as what is normal for you, you sure do some beautiful macros.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2007, 8:19 AM   #15

Great as -or even more than- usual, Tan C.

Impressive details, colors, composition, subjectsand poses.
Must book a trip to Singapore someday.

Too bad that Panasonic uses those silly pics to advertise their cams on browsers and websites.

And too bad we cannot avail of something like F/22 on our toys... to see a little more in focus. Yet even so they re splendid, espec. the AMS with green posit. eyes, the curculionid-weevil withopen wings and the incredible JS:if only it had one aye differently oriented so as to be yellow or any other color... (BTW how big was that Heavy JS?).
Sincere congrats for any of these magnificient captures.

Narmer

PS - Musket you have to check the thread size of lenses.
Many Nikkor zooms are more than 67mm and anyway the problem is vignetting (DCR250 is very small, and it vignettes from mid zoom back on my FZ20, although it seems it vignettes less on FZ30 and 50 optics).
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2007, 8:47 AM   #16

tinosa wrote:
Quote:
Stunning and superb macros tchuanye, #13, the emrald beauty looks like it's built for supersonic speed.
That you can pinpoint the teensy DOF of the 250 handheld is truly amazing.
Thanks! it takes some practice to get it right!

willow1 wrote:
Quote:
my 0 my m8t !!! no 10 is the shot for me them eyes are super cool :G
looks like u have been enjoying some great insect shots..as all ways it nice to see your work.....looks like I will have to pull out the ole fz20 and get back to work myself :G been toying with my Nikon d80 for a little while now, but I still know what will get the macro job done :-).

great posts m8t and nice to see ya!!!

wILLOw
Thanks! Its a stress-relief for me when taking macros....so the outing was good for me....esp after so many weeks of late nights at work!

HarjTT wrote:
Quote:
Hi TC

As always just amazing shots - have to say this set looks to be the best macro's you've done to date. Everyone of them a cracker!

:? :O

Cheers

HarjTT

Thanks for your kind comments!
tchuanye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2007, 8:52 AM   #17

bayourebel wrote:
Quote:
Hi! Spider Man, welcome back. My you must have been busy. But as what is normal for you, you sure do some beautiful macros.
Thanks

musket wrote:
Quote:
Terrific macro shots well captured, I see you can even get

that raynox 250 macro lense to clip onto a Nikon D80 lens, I wonder if anyone has tried it
I tried on my friends D80 with the 70-200VR (I think) and there were lots of vignetting. Furthermore, I could not clip it on as the 7200 thread were too large for the 67mm spring clip of the DCR250

Quote:
Old Mar 19, 2007, 8:58 AM   #18

Narmer wrote:
Quote:
Great as -or even more than- usual, Tan C.

Impressive details, colors, composition, subjectsand poses.
Must book a trip to Singapore someday.

Too bad that Panasonic uses those silly pics to advertise their cams on browsers and websites.

And too bad we cannot avail of something like F/22 on our toys... to see a little more in focus. Yet even so they re splendid, espec. the AMS with green posit. eyes, the curculionid-weevil withopen wings and the incredible JS:if only it had one aye differently oriented so as to be yellow or any other color... (BTW how big was that Heavy JS?).
Sincere congrats for any of these magnificient captures.

Narmer

PS - Musket you have to check the thread size of lenses.
Many Nikkor zooms are more than 67mm and anyway the problem is vignetting (DCR250 is very small, and it vignettes from mid zoom back on my FZ20, although it seems it vignettes less on FZ30 and 50 optics).
Sure, come to Singapore, and I will meet up with you for a shoot! :-)

This heavy jumper is smaller than the larger heavy jumpers I usually see. I would say it was about 7-8mm in size? Anyway, for different colour eyes, it seems (to me at least from the number of JS shots I have taken) that only a few JS shows this. Either some always scan with both eyes more often than some other JS, I am not too sure!

Thanks for your comments!
Old Mar 19, 2007, 9:14 AM   #19

Hi Tan, I must add mysentimentswith the rest of the forum,,, the best macros of the most unusualcreatures seen inthis forum. Thanks for sharing and for the lesson in macro photography.

Emmanuel
Macnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2007, 9:16 AM   #20

Macnite wrote:
Quote:
Hi Tan, I must add mysentimentswith the rest of the forum,,, the best macros of the most unusualcreatures seen inthis forum. Thanks for sharing and for the lesson in macro photography.

Emmanuel
Thanks Emmanuel