Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 20, 2007, 4:39 AM   #1

So another panachallenge. Congratulations to the winners. Some terrific shots. The others though a not losers because we all learn by participating and being extended.

Visit http://panachallenge.com/

I posted some of my attempts a little while ago in my Shopping at the QueenVic post. There were a few I did not post in case they were too close to my entries and it broke the anonymity rules.

The Transaction

One of my Entries: Choices

The Deli

I normally take dozens of photos before choosing a couple to enter in the challenge. Some more of my attempts are at http://rafael.zenfolio.com/p994300639
A great learning process.

rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 20, 2007, 9:48 PM   #2

Raf, that sure is an interesting looking market. Pickled octupus, I would have to at least try it.

Nice photos. Thanks for sharing. I really like the way your markets display the wares. My interest was in the meats (sausages) hanging in the second photo. Now I love to cook with that type stuff.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2007, 11:11 PM   #3

Nice set of shots there, plenty of interest and very colourful....excellent!!

Mark H
Mark H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2007, 12:11 AM   #4

As already said, interesting market and nice colorful photos. You do food well Iwould say, as you are always making me hungry.
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2007, 6:10 AM   #5

Wow, great shots of a busy and interesting place!!!!
annie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2007, 1:09 PM   #6

Congratulations, Raphael & Tinosa, on placing in the top 10.
Took a look at your zenfolio album, too, Raphael. Some great shots - composition, colours, focus and, most importantly, interest.
Seems we had the same idea in that I also went to the market to try for some entries for the challenge. But I realize I still have a long way to go to catch up with you! As you say, that's what the challenge is about - learning from the work of others.
Hope you won't mind my posting a few of my own attempts for comment and advice. Will do so on a new thread.
Cheers,
Robin.
WindRowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2007, 2:25 PM   #7

Great looking Deli Pictures!

Lots of intereesting stuff worth trying

I love to take pictures in produce markets (fruit & vegitables).

I think a similr inoor market is located in "Redhook", a part of Brooklyn along the water front that has been developed into a major community (a dock for ocean liners was recently opened and the area abounds with new galleries and shops) having bee a seedy area that most people avoided.

When I went to Nova Scotia I tried and become hooded on Cod fish toungus and cheeks, yet to see these on a NY menue!

BiLL

:|
bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2007, 3:53 PM   #8

Thanks all. Markets are always interesting places they may lack the convenienece of the modern supermarket but the sheer variety of characters and produce and the general hustle is hard to beat. They do make wonderful opportunities for a photo or two.

Robin, you are right these forums (fora ? :? ) are wonderful for learning. I will look out for your food post.
rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote