Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 22, 2007, 5:46 PM   #1

In response to another post I posted a photo from a September holiday in NZ and I was again taken by how magnificent the South Isalnd actually is. Had not seen many NZ shots here so I thought I'd drag some up from the archive. I had had my camera all of 2 weeks when I shot these.

I belive that the Maori named New Zealand "The land of the long white cloud". During our five days we found thatclouds tended to stay on the coast and it was sunny inland. Probably because the clouds were too lazy to climb the Alps.

Kaikoura.

At Kaikoura the Southern Alps come right to the Pacific (i know the horizon is crooked...I kept making that mistake the whole trip)

I wish Australia had as much water (our water restrictions are being cranked up a notch again)

In the central highlands they have numerous glacial lakes that make for year round playgrounds (skiing in winterm hiking in Spring and Autumn and water sports in Summer). Lake Wanaka

Lake Tepako

Lake Hawea

Hope I did not bore you with my holiday (25th wedding anniversary) snaps. And if you are ever planning a trip to the South Island of NZ, you will have huge problems.........it is impossible to have enough storage for the photos!:|
rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 22, 2007, 6:18 PM   #2

AWESOME....with goregous photos like that, you can bore (?) me anytime you wish??? This is the only way I will see many parts of the world.
annie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2007, 8:23 PM   #3

Wow! What great scenery. All winners! The one with the red sky and the man in silhouette, i find especially creative.

Hiroshi
Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2007, 9:21 PM   #4

Annie and Hiroshi, thanks for the kind words. Almost anywhere you point a camera in parts fo NZ is beautiful. One of the friendliest and most picturesque places I have visited, and their food and wine is first class as well.

Hiroshi, I will not tell my wife you mistook her for a man, she'd hit me!:-). Just kidding. With her short hair it is impossible to tell in that shot.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 9:40 PM   #5

rafinmelb wrote:
Quote:
Annie and Hiroshi, thanks for the kind words. Almost anywhere you point a camera in parts fo NZ is beautiful. One of the firnedliest and most pcturesque places I have visited, and their food and wine is first class as well.

Hiroshi, I will not tell my wife you mistook her for a man, she'd hit me!:-). Just kidding. With her short hair it is impossible to tell in that shot.
Soooo sorrrry!!!!!

Thanks for understanding. I should have tied the two shots together:?I'm a little spacey sometimes.

Hiroshi
Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2007, 9:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Soooo sorrrry!!!!!
Thanks for understanding. I should have tied the two shots together:?I'm a little spacey sometimes.
Not a problem. I got a good chuckle, and we can all do with more humour in our lives.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 10:25 PM   #7

very inspiring ....and interesting bunch of pictures.I have downloaded the few to update myself
mcliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2007, 10:27 PM   #8

Excellent series of shots Rafael. If I had to pick the best I would have to agree with Hiroshi on the silhouette and sunset shot.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2007, 11:09 PM   #9

mcliu and Ted, thanks for the kind words,really the place is the thing in these photos. I was really just pointing and shooting coz I was still learning about the camera.
Old Mar 23, 2007, 12:10 AM   #10

I could easily trade my bird shot ability for access to scenic places like this. I like them all.
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote