Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 26, 2007, 6:11 PM   #11

Stacey, doing fine. Like the others I think #4 is terrific. Of the flowers, I like the two last but the first of the flower shots I find a the background too distracting.
rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2007, 1:09 PM   #12

Thanks again for the feedback! Hopefully I will be able to take some more post worthy things soon.

happy_peasant - the action shots have proven to be much more tricky for me to this point. once he gets going he is non-stop

hiroshi - I do like that much better. I have learned a bit in photoshop myself but not enough to that. thanks!
stacy0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2007, 11:21 PM   #13

stacy0w wrote:
Quote:
happy_peasant - the action shots have proven to be much more tricky for me to this point. once he gets going he is non-stop
What I have been doing lately for action shots is putting camera in burst mode, then using timer. Mostly two seconds, occasionally 10. Then hit the shutter button and start tracking. My camera (FZ7) takes three pictures in burst mode with the timer on, and tracking animal after pushing button seems to make it easier somehow. Of course, my cats could be older and slower then yours. But it works for birds and they move pretty fast.
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2007, 10:36 AM   #14

Our cat is 3 and part leopard or something. He's kind of a maniac. I will try your suggestions. It is really hard for me to find what I am looking at and stay with it. You're suggestions may be the trick!
stacy0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2007, 9:14 PM   #15

Very nice captures, I love #4!!

Emmanuel
Macnite is offline   Reply With Quote