Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 27, 2007, 6:24 PM   #1

This little bird flew into the upstairs window and fell onto the porch while I was coming up the stairs. He was upside down and spasming, but I recruited future zoologist Jennifer to provide bird love, and he recovered and flew away after ten minutes. These are macro, no processing other then cropping the last one.

Stunned

A little love

A little shakey still

Testing perching ability, a little more love thrown in

Making like a tree

One last look before liftoff

happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 27, 2007, 6:44 PM   #2

Great story and great shots, especially the last three. #5 is awesome...I'd frame that one....but first I would photoshop the bird dodo off of the finger.
:G
Hiroshi
Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2007, 6:47 PM   #3

Hiroshi wrote:
Quote:
Great story and great shots, especially the last three. #5 is awesome...I'd frame that one....but first I would photoshop the bird dodo off of the finger.
:G
Hiroshi
The first words said after the bird left were "Dad, where's that paper towel?"
Old Mar 27, 2007, 7:13 PM   #4

Wow, what a great story to go around with GREAT photos...so good that he did not run into a cat!! Thanks for sharing...
annie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2007, 9:13 PM   #5

Oh how cute... )
Beth Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2007, 9:37 PM   #6

'peasant'.......a touching story ....beautiful shots to capture the magic of the moment....... good samaritans are hard to find these days.......well done....pete
deterpawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2007, 12:30 AM   #7

Great way to get some close-ups Happy. I have had that happen with goldfinches before but never a golden-crowned kinglet. That's the best shot I have ever seen of the golden-crown on one of them.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2007, 1:08 AM   #8

tcook wrote:
Quote:
Great way to get some close-ups Happy. I have had that happen with goldfinches before but never a golden-crowned kinglet.
First, thanks to everyone for looking and commenting. Glad you enjoyed my little bird story and pictures. And Ted, the only other birds that have hit the window while I was around have been woodpeckers. They hit a lot harder and make much more noise then a kinglet. But they must have tough heads, because they get up, shake it off, and fly right away.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 2:27 AM   #9

Great story (and pictures) with a successful and happy outcome. We have a similar bird over here , the Goldcrest....very hard to get pics of as theyre so fast moving....top marks for taking the opportunity of snapping a few shots while the bird was recovering.

Mark
Mark H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2007, 5:07 AM   #10

I am amazed that the bird kept quiet while being handled. Must have sensed it has fallen into really loving hands. Most birds try to free themselves immediatelyand fly away. We have pigeons hitting the glass windows of my office building very often. After beiing a state of shock fora minute or two, they recover and fly. Only the ones which hit the glass at a very high speed, unfortunately, get their neck fractured and die.

BTW, excellent photos to show what love and compassion can achieve. No wonder you are a happy peasant.
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote