Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 29, 2007, 7:25 PM   #11

Looks like a great start to me!!! I luv the photo of the dog and I am a dog lover and it is so cute!!!
annie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2007, 8:17 PM   #12

Hi a pants. I like the dog best, but they are all very good. If you are going to Kenya you might spend some time practicing long zoom shots of animals if possible to see how they look. I have an FZ7 and changed all the settings constantly and took lots of pictures, then sat down and compared.

About your comment there has got to be an easier way; others can tell you how to do multiple pictures on the forum using posting tools, but I would recommend you check out photobucket.com. It is free, you can set it to resize photos as you upload them, upload multiple photos at a time, and then to post them here there is an image code under each picture, you can copy multiple codes into one post. If you find a post I made called macro bird a few days ago, that is from photobucket and took just a few minutes to upload there and post here.

Steve
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2007, 9:05 PM   #13

Welcome to the forum Pants. Judging form you start you will do just fine with the camera in Kenya. For your long zoom or action shots just remember to keep the shutter speed as fast as you can. Don't be afraid to use manual or shutter priority to get the exposure you want. You might try experimenting with putting the camera in manual mode, setting the aperture at 5.6 (a pretty good all around setting) and then just adjusting the shutter speed to get the exposure you want.

Your shot of the dog makes me want to go buy one.

tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2007, 2:41 AM   #14

Nice to see someone else from the UK on here Pants. Looks as though you`re off to a great start, all nice pics, very sharp and well exposed.If these are your starter shots with the camera I look forward to seeing future pics as you get used to the camera. Excellent job!!!

Mark
Mark H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2007, 6:37 AM   #15

Some nice shots. Number 2 is my favorite. He has a really interesting look like he is trying to tell you something abvious.
Serafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2007, 7:35 AM   #16

I think my dog Lola and cat Wilma will be the subject of many of my photos ... frankly they have no choice and don't moan ...

:G
PantsUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2007, 8:59 AM   #17

Welcome to the forum mate!

My first chance to see some shots from the new FZ8 and it looks very good on screen at least. A good series of shots and No2 is a cracker - just love the expression on the dogs face and the shots very well taken. Also No.6 is very good .

Cheers

HarjTT

:O :?
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2007, 9:28 AM   #18

Cheers seems a nice place to be.

I struggled to find "idiot" shots when I was looking at the FZ8/UZ550/FZ7/FZ50 etc etc which is why I've posted stuff like the coin so people can see the range of photos the camera can achieve.

If anyone want the original high res JPGs let me know.

I have had a play with RAW as well but am finding Silkypix a bit slow going prefer to use Adobe products although currently the RAW support does not extend to the FZ8 (I hope the next RAW update will cover it)

PantsUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2007, 6:25 PM   #19

Very good start! Keep up the good work!

#1 is my favourite of the bunch.
ckthegreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2007, 8:53 PM   #20

Welcome to the forum Pants, for a novice you've done very well. I like 1 & 2, I think # 5 is exceptional.

Emmanuel
Macnite is offline   Reply With Quote