Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 1, 2007, 4:29 AM   #1

Last Tuesday I travelled down to London by car with my daughter and some of her friends to see one of our favourite Chicago bands play at the Mean Fiddler in Charing Cross Road. Unfortunately, there was an over-enthusiastic smoke machine in the premises and the few pics I took are really not worth sharing.

On Wednesday afternoon, after I saw the girls off on the Eurostar train to Paris, I decided to go walkabout as I wasn't heading for home until eleven that evening. The sky was rather strange that day and itlooked as if there might be a thunderstorm on the way, but in the end only a few large spots of rain fell around five.The shots are as out of the camera (FZ7) andmerely resized because as some of you know I have a phobia of Photoshop. Maybe I'll get over it someday.

The London Eye, which I'd love to go on, but there hasn't been a really clear day on my trips to London in recent times.

On of the (now many) living statues in Jubilee Gardens along the south side of the river.

The National Gallery of Art in Trafalgar Square.

And the view from the Embankment at night.

mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 1, 2007, 4:39 AM   #2

The views from Princes Street Gardens in Edinburgh Yesterday...

People flock to have their lunch on the gardens when the sun shines ... even when it isn't very warm.

Sir Walter Scott

A view of the Old Town from the gardens.

Old Apr 1, 2007, 7:42 AM   #3

Interesting selection. The shot from the embankment at night is awesome. Beautiful colours. Love the row of people having lunch, obviously the grass is too cool and/or wet to sit on. And the final one is an interesting perspective.

Thanks for sharing.
rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2007, 8:01 AM   #4

London Eye, yes. Photoshop no :?

BiLL:|
bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2007, 9:16 AM   #5

wonderful series! Donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2007, 10:35 AM   #6

Very nice set of photos!!! Our family are going to the UK to visit hubby's family and then we are going to France for a week soI am looking forward to getting some different perspectives on older buildings (and landscapes) that just aren't found that much in North America.
annie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2007, 1:17 PM   #7

Many thanks folks for the comments.

To rafinmelb: The grass can be a tad damp, but the main reason no one's sitting on that huge expanse of green is because this is new turf that's been laid since they had the ice rink and funfair in the garden over Christmas and New Year. The area is roped off, but it's not clear in the pic. The benches in Princes Street Gardens have all been donated by groups or individual members of the public, often to remember a loved one.

To Annie: I hope you and your family have a wonderful time on your visit to Europe. You are going to be filling up your memory cards faster than you've ever done before!