Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 20, 2007, 9:57 AM   #11

Thanks for the info Idle...I use a FZ30...I have a UV filter on the lens...I have no add-on lens.
I have tried to focus on the full moon in full zoom using auto and manual focus but all I get is a blob of white light...I cannot seem to get a proper focus...Would it help if I remove the filter? I am also using manual exposure and tried different settings.
Any advice would be appreciated.
frogman946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2007, 10:36 AM   #12

Nice shots, I like #1 best.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2007, 11:45 PM   #13

Quote:
Frogman946 wrote:

I use a FZ30...I have a UV filter on the lens...I have no add-on lens.
I have tried to focus on the full moon in full zoom using auto and manual focus but all I get is a blob of white light...I cannot seem to get a proper focus...Would it help if I remove the filter? I am also using manual exposure and tried different settings.
Any advice would be appreciated.
The UV filter certainly wouldn't help — apart from that, I'd use auto focus (manual on the FZ20 is pretty woeful , the FZ30 might be better?), spot metering, centre focus and auto bracket, ISO 100 or less, then take shots in every likely mode — you'll get a host of useless frames and possibly a few usable ones.

Stopping down to F8 and experimenting with various exposure times might also help.

However, IMHO there's no substitute for spreading the image over more pixels...
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote