Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 2, 2007, 6:44 PM   #11

Well done Mark. I can see why your are happy with these. Excellent captures. There is a wonderful clarity to the first few shots.
rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2007, 6:47 PM   #12

Wow, what gorgeous shots of the lady bug. I think they are cute and the colours are awesome!!!
annie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2007, 10:55 PM   #13

You are right those shots are very good. You are sure progressing quickly with your macro skills.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2007, 12:10 AM   #14

Beautiful shots, I wish we had ladybirds around here.
vaiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2007, 4:41 AM   #15

Thanks for the kind comments , theyre much appreciated.

treed, the lens used was a Raynox DCR-150.The sharpness of the pics is testament to the quality of Raynox lenses. Last year`s macros, shot through a cheap set of closeup lenses purchased from Ebay are nowhere near as clear as these.

Mark
Mark H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2007, 12:33 PM   #16

Mark H wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for the kind comments , theyre much appreciated.

treed, the lens used was a Raynox DCR-150.The sharpness of the pics is testament to the quality of Raynox lenses. Last year`s macros, shot through a cheap set of closeup lenses purchased from Ebay are nowhere near as clear as these.

Mark
Ohh ok. Well I have a DCR-250 and my macros don't come out nearly as clear as yours do. I think what's hurting me is I'm not using any bounce cards and I'm using a 35yr old bounce flash that my dad used when he was my age. It works but I know it's no where near as good as the Sunpak 383.
treed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2007, 1:05 PM   #17

A lot of my macro shots at present are taken with the onboard flash on my fz20.The 7 to 8inch focussing distance of the dcr150 lens is just long enough to avoid shadows on the lower edge of the shot caused by the lens barrel.
As I understand, the 250 focusses at about 4inches or so, so my technique wouldnt work for your setup.A while ago I made a flash extender for the onboard flash for very close shots. It`s basically a tube which slots over the onboard flash which has a large angled reflector at the opposite end......lined with foil it channels the flash through the tube bouncing it via the reflector onto the subject.It can be easily adjusted to drop light on a subject centimetres from the front of the lens if necessary. If you think something like that may help I can post up some pics of it later....
It may be worth posting a shot or two for critique/advice.....it`s far easier to offer advice after seeing a shot, than going through stuff that you may already know.

Mark

Old Apr 3, 2007, 2:03 PM   #18

You've done an excellent job with the ladybirds Mark, love the "group photo". Please postthe "on-board" flash extender. Thanks.

Emmanuel
Macnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2007, 2:07 PM   #19

Thanks Emmanuel, I`ll start a new thread and post some pics of the extender now.

Mark
Old Apr 3, 2007, 2:37 PM   #20

Mark H, here's the shot I'm talking about. I took this yesterday with my FZ30+DCR-250 handheld. I did use a bounce flash but it was still difficult because the ladybug was moving.

treed is offline   Reply With Quote