Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 3, 2007, 7:06 PM   #1

Building exteriors are getting stranger

Whilst some traditional interiors remain stunning

preparing for palm sunday

and on the way back to work a tame galah sitting in a shop doorway, checking me out

and finally wondering if happy has been moonlighting down in these southern climes (check out the signature)

--
cheers
Rafael (FZ30)
http://rafael.zenfolio.com/ (referral code on my page)
http://rafael.zenfolio.com/img/p274502969-2.jpg

rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 3, 2007, 9:34 PM   #2

Great lines, angles and colors. I really like your city shots Rafael. What are the first and second shots?
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2007, 9:45 PM   #3

Like Ted, I really like your shots of the architexture in your city. It is all very interesting and unique.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2007, 9:47 PM   #4

Ted,

Thanks. Glad you enjoy them. I certainly enjoy getting out and about.

The first shot is of the Council House 2 building (when the Melbourne City Council outgrew the old town hall). This is the western side and they have these movable wooden shutters to block out afternoon sun. Here is another look taken at a different time of year and hence sun position.

The building is fascinating as one of the new breed of environmentally friendly constructions. If you are interested in that sort of thing, here is a link

http://www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/info...71&pg=1933

The second is the facade of a shopping mall, called Melbourne Central. I am not sure if the wooden slats have a function here as they face east.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 9:51 PM   #5

Thanks Jerry, always apprciate your kind comments. By the way, I forgot to mention good luck on that second paella.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 9:54 PM   #6

I still got your recipe and I know what I did. LOL. Intrigued that they want it a second time, but I think I will let them salivate.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2007, 10:27 PM   #7

I'm glad you posted that second shutter shot. That is most interesting. Nice shots. A big bird in a doorway is as good as the one my daughter held. They both hold still and don't require a long zoom. Perfect.
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2007, 10:41 PM   #8

peasant you rascal you have the 'birds' checking you out huh......naughtee naughtee.........nice series of shots....like those mosaic tiles.......pete
deterpawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2007, 11:07 PM   #9

deterpawson wrote:
Quote:
peasant you rascal you have the 'birds' checking you out huh......naughtee naughtee.........nice series of shots....like those mosaic tiles.......pete
yeah, that must be it. The bird was checking me out while I was signing my painting.
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2007, 11:53 PM   #10

Thanks Happy and Peter.

Yes Happy, these are the sort of bird shots I can manage. Your type are still beyond me. Yes those shutters (I have corrected the misplaced i in that word, and my excuse is they were next to each other on the keyboard) are just one of the many environmental features of the building: solar panels, wind turbines, recycled black water etc etc. The shower towers on the southern side of the building where air is circulated through a plastic tube with water showered through it to cool it down look particularly awesome, but I have never managed to get a decent shot of them.