Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 6, 2007, 10:02 AM   #1

Well My wonderful Panasonic FZ30 had a dodgy LCD screen that went off now and then, loose wires inside the swivel screen I would guess.

They have had it for 4 weeks now, ONE MONTH! thats appauling service to me, it wasnt even one year old and it was under warrenty still so Panasonic delt with it, but how long are you suuposed to wait for these people to fix it

How long have you lot had to wait for your Panasonic stuff to be fixed? as one month is far to long for me. I am gonna phone em next week and see what up, but honestly I should not have to chase after them thats for sure.

Angry :evil: and it better come back perfect and fixed!
romerojpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 6, 2007, 11:38 AM   #2

a call is definitely in order. possible that they had to order parts from japan.
the upside is it failed with the warranty still in effect. does the warranty include
parts and labor?

jim
jimboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2007, 12:20 PM   #3

I would assume everything is covered in the one year panasonic warrenty, well I hope.

Will be ringing them tommrow afternoon and will try to get an answer as to what on earth they are going for over one month.
Old Apr 9, 2007, 2:52 PM   #4

I'd expect it to take about 6 to 8 weeks to get it back.

If you ever have the opportunity to get a performance service contract at Fry's Electronics, get it because they'll give you a loaner camera when you bring it in for service. So you aren't without a camera.
Pinesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2007, 3:50 PM   #5

Romero you've got more restrain than I have. 1 month is real long without having any feedback.

Hope it returns soon - Ronny
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2007, 5:08 PM   #6

Well I phoned them and its more bad news :roll:

jimboat you were right, they have a part on order from Panasonic and it doesnt even get to them till the end of April, so that means I will have had no camera for 2 months, thats bad if you ask me.

I would have thought they kept spare parts in the place where they fix them, lame service if you ask me and I am not very happy at all about them having my camera for 2 months, thats if they fix it and got the right parts that is as it could be longer!
Old Apr 10, 2007, 5:31 PM   #7

I can`t see why they couldnt have just replaced your faulty camera with a new one with it still being under warranty.....especially with it taking so much time for them to get the required parts etc.......thats very poor after sales service.

Mark
Mark H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2007, 6:55 PM   #8

Stay on them and call every week. I don't know who does Panasonic's service now, but when I had problems with my FZ-15 under warranty they had me send it to Bigston Digital Service. I had to send it back twice and they never fixed the problem.
Finally on the third try after 3months I called Panasonic and complained. They replaced my camera with a new one, BUT over the course of events the FZ-15 was no long available so they sent me a FZ-30.

Which I have been very happy with ever since.

The squeaky Wheel gets the grease.
JMK1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2007, 8:41 PM   #9

If this is a store you can go into in person I think that might be in order. And whether you call or go in, you need to start getting on them to extend the warranty by whatever length of time your camera is in the shop.
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2007, 12:40 PM   #10

Well I bought it off the net from a UK store, but its under the Panasonic Warrenty so its all Panasonics responsablity it seems :?

I had it collected from me after I phoned the help warrenty number and it was sent to some firm who fixes the camera For Panasonic, so Panasonic are acctually not fixing it at all which is a bit odd to me. Thats why the parts are not in stock I guess, as they are just a firm who fixes stuff, so they dont have the parts etc...

I will be complaining about this thats for sure, will have to find some sort of contact for and actualPanasonic UK place, as the numbers I got for them are the firm who fixes them, not acctually Panasonic, odd situation really.

I wouldnt have minded if I got a replacement while it was in the shop, as I am missing the camera as its been so long and summer is nearly here and I am missing so many amazing photo opertunities :shock: still I wouldnt mind a new camera from them, a FZ50 would do nice, the same but slightly different :G but I dont see that happening yet.