Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 8, 2007, 8:12 PM   #11

Steve, this is a fact about heavy populated areas. When I working in the chemical industry, we could get closer to the egrets and other creatures, as they became more accustomed to us on a regular basis, however, we were not allowed to have photography equipment on site.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2007, 12:14 AM   #12

I posted a comment to this earlier and now it's gone, weird. Anyway, with your shutter speed of 1/80 and using a TCON-17 not many people could hold the camera steady. In cases like this where you can't use a tripod try using manual mode, opening the lens wide open, setting the shutter speed as high as you can even until the picture is a little dark, and shoot in burst mode. This might help some but then there are times one just has to accept the picture they are able to get be glad they were there to see it and shoot it.
Very pretty colors in this shot, I would like to have seen it if you had been able to use a tripod.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2007, 6:23 AM   #13

Amazingly vibrant. Can't add anything to Ted's suggestions, seems like good advice.
rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2007, 9:01 AM   #14

Ted, and Rafael, thanks very much for the comments. Ted I will have to try your suggestion and thanks for pointing that out. I wanted to get the shot and didn't think about the settings. I should have.
Old Apr 9, 2007, 9:18 AM   #15

Nice heron shots and I know that I have tried to photograph them and they are the darndest birds to shot!!!!
annie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2007, 9:54 AM   #16

Thanks for viewing and commenting, Annie.