Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 10, 2007, 4:05 AM   #1

I have to say the flash shots indoors are not very good ie no good at all imo, using all sorts of settings it seems , Very noisy unclear under tungstung and the flash is so weak/ poor:|, I just want this confirmed by any other user who has the same opinion or amI alone in thinking this is just an outdoor good light camera cute but not a good allrounder maybe its a deal breaker this indoors with flash problem?. I do think the Fuji f 30 my wife has now is better indoors ( using flash ) and photos that come out perfectly usable but thr FX01 dear oh dear sorry to say not at all good, Only reason to keep is 28 mm outdoor in sun shotsI supposebut is that enough reason? Still love my two Fz cameras though Fz2 and( Fz 20 verygood enough with flash indoors,) awesum outdoors.Rodo uk.
rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 10, 2007, 4:29 AM   #2

I think Fred aka fmoore and one or two others have the FX01 and they'd be the best people to provide the info you need re: the flash.

Cheers

HarjTT

:? :O
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2007, 4:38 AM   #3

Thank you perhaps they might PLEASE !
Old Apr 10, 2007, 9:10 PM   #4

There is a flickr group for this camera with 145 members and over 1500 photos. I scanned the posts and did not see any mention of flash other then one person saying it was weak. If you are a flickr member you can join the group and ask. Even if not you can look at the pictures, most of which have EXIF information. I did not see a whole lot of flash shots, but then, I don't in my FZ7 group either and my camera has an awesome flash.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/fx01/

Good luck.

happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2007, 3:15 AM   #5

happy_peasant wrote:
Quote:
There is a flickr group for this camera with 145 members and over 1500 photos. I scanned the posts and did not see any mention of flash other then one person saying it was weak. If you are a flickr member you can join the group and ask. Even if not you can look at the pictures, most of which have EXIF information. I did not see a whole lot of flash shots, but then, I don't in my FZ7 group either and my camera has an awesome flash.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/fx01/

Good luck.

Thankyou, just as you say not much flash shots or comments on the FX01 flash on Flikr. I think I will sell the FX01 as the flash is not awesome unlike your FZ 7 its not even acceptable to me at all I tested again today and its a shame Panasonic put a useless flash on a nice little camera , Truth is aall my other cameras FZ20 F 11 F 20 F 30 they all can do as well or better than the Fx01 it seems inside with or without flash and outdoors just as well the only thing is the 28mm and tiny form of the FX01 but its not a good enoughcamera to take out and about if Its flash is not good:-?thats my opinion of it now, btwthanks again for your post , Rodo.,
Old Apr 11, 2007, 4:32 PM   #6

I wouldn't sell it. I have the same camera and it's pretty unique. The flash is not strong but it's acceptable. The problem I get is when using zoom. The camera usually has to boost the ISO to 400 while at 3x zoom indoors. But non-zoom shots come out just fine for me.
Pinesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2007, 4:36 PM   #7

Well I have sold it today ,I just could not accept the Fx01 limited flash indoors at all alsotoo noisy in lowlight flas shots , flashvery weak indoors =awfull IQ ( imo though .)And I will miss the small size and 28mm but not that much, The three Fujis I still have F 11 F 20 F30 are better flash or no by a big amount indoors and out IMO . Still got and will keep the Fz 2 and Fz 20 those are a bit special outdoors and take good flash indoor shots as well , Panasonic do make lovely cameras but not every one is a best for every thing and the noise and weak flash sadly made the Fx01 not good enough to keep for my small pocket camera yes it is jewel like lovely to use , I know others might think me wrong but if a F fuji camera iscompared against the Fx01 I dont see how the Fx 01 could be thought of as a better all round indoor / outdoor choice unless 28 mm is needed, for me I didnt think itas important as I thought it might be after using it , BTW many thanks for those who replied8) . Rodo uk.