Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 20, 2007, 8:57 PM   #1

Hi Guys..

my fave ...

a sunset

4 shots stitched together hence the slight barelling the the cloud on the 1st third ... o well

as you can see I live in a very very very flat place !!!!

cheers

Pants
Attached Images

PantsUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 20, 2007, 9:01 PM   #2

bit bigger sry for dialuppers

)

PS: just to add this is the standard "Panorama 3" that comes with the fz8. I've found it very good but it works a lot better when the picture is at 90 degrees from the tripod, this was taken with the camera pointing up and me kind of guessing and moving it round so could be better !!!
Attached Images

Old Apr 20, 2007, 11:15 PM   #3

This is nice. I can't really tell if the clouds are not matched perfect. This makes me think I might some day take my CD that came with the camera and actually look at it to see what is on it.
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2007, 12:11 AM   #4

Pants,

Colours and cloud formations are nice.

Compositionally though I think it needs something else. Couple of ideas that came to mind:

- a few tree in the foreground through which the colours can peep
- the silhouttes of an old farm house
- even the sihouettes of people or animals walking across the foreground
- I actually thought that if you moved forward that house and clump of trees in the mid left of the picture could act in that role.

Essentially all of these ideas involve giving us a bit more foreground, which will make that wonderful skyscape even more appealing.

Nothing wrong with the colours or the pano stitching, but to my eye in needs some foreground to give it more context and depth and thefore more interest. Hope you don't mind me offering these suggestions. They are offered in the spirit of encouragement from one beginner to another.
rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2007, 12:14 AM   #5

happy_peasant wrote:
Quote:
This is nice. I can't really tell if the clouds are not matched perfect. This makes me think I might some day take my CD that came with the camera and actually look at it to see what is on it.
Or just download autostitch demo from http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html and be going in 10 minutes. I know it is only a demo and you have limited control, but I just love this little bit of software. This is what I used for my night pano.
rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2007, 1:14 AM   #6

Interesting colors in this sunset and a nice stitching job. I use Panorama Maker three that came with the camera and find it does a good job and is very easy to use. I take almost all my pano shots hand held and PM3 stitches them right up.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2007, 12:49 AM   #7

Lovely panorama shot, very interesting purple sky. I like it.

Hiroshi
Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2007, 4:45 PM   #8

Thanks for the comments guys ... going to get a wide angle lens next so with the panoramic shots there is less stiching required. !!!

Pants