Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 20, 2007, 11:15 PM   #1

Late evening, Cardinal coming for the evening meal before retiring for the night.

Attached Images

bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 21, 2007, 12:54 AM   #2

Gerry,

Great background and just fantastic composition, your sub title said it all. For me the cardinal itself was a touch soft. Could be my glasses are a bit foggy. It is a rainy Saurday afternoon here and so my chores have been deferred so I have had the opportunity to play a bit. All I did was select the cardinal and add a bit of shapness. dared not touch the rest of the shot which is spot on. Hope you don't mind.

rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2007, 5:06 AM   #3

The sun`s hitting the bird perfectly on this shot. Very nicely done.

Mark
Mark H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2007, 7:58 AM   #4

Thanks Rafael. I don't mind at all. You are welcome to touch any photo I post. I have not yet learned how to select just one subject in a photo and retouch just that.
Old Apr 21, 2007, 7:59 AM   #5

Mark H wrote:
Quote:
The sun`s hitting the bird perfectly on this shot. Very nicely done.

Mark
Thanks Mark. Appreciate you viewing and commenting.
Old Apr 21, 2007, 11:57 AM   #6

rafinmelb wrote:
Quote:
Gerry,

Great background and just fantastic composition, your sub title said it all. For me the cardinal itself was a touch soft. Could be my glasses are a bit foggy. It is a rainy Saurday afternoon here and so my chores have been deferred so I have had the opportunity to play a bit. All I did was select the cardinal and add a bit of shapness. dared not touch the rest of the shot which is spot on. Hope you don't mind.

Rafael, any time you are bored let me know and I can send you tons of soft cardinal pictures to play with. As with Gerry's, ours come in for evening meals late when the shutter speed must be turned down and the birds get soft.

Nice cardinal Gerry. As mentioned above, I can relate to soft.
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2007, 1:13 AM   #7

I really like the composition of this shot. It's unfortunate that it's soft, because the composition really rocks.

Hiroshi
Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2007, 1:24 AM   #8

Hey gerry, so GREAT to see ya...nice birds....can' t really say much as they are a subject I haven' tried yet but heard the subject is VERy difficult due to size and speed and contrast!!!!!!
annie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2007, 3:14 PM   #9

Thanks Hiroshi and Annie. And yes, Annie, birds are somewhat flighty.:G:G I find it very hard to compose a shot, as they rarely sit still long to fumble with settings. For me to get the best shots, I have to put the camera on a tripod, use remote cable. But then, you have to focus on a spot you know the birds come to such as the feeder. By the time, a bird comes, the camera is in sleep mode. So it is somewhat a bother. I often just try to use a monopod, and hope for the best in burst mode and program setting.