Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 24, 2007, 12:44 PM   #21

PantsUK wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for all your comments guys !!!

but posting tghem all up is a proper hassle ... can anyone post up how to do it easily like click and drag a whole bunch of photos etc etc

Cheers

PANTS
All the photos make up a nice set. 1 through 3 manage to convey a sense of size quite well.

As far as posting lots of pictures, the easiest way I know is photobucket.com. You can upload there, and the posting url is under the picture in various formats. Pick one and click on it and it is copied and ready to paste here. Although I usually post from flickr, photobucket is the easiest. And you can post all your pictures in one post.
Steve
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2007, 5:20 PM   #22

You should consider investing in the Panasonic wide angle converter and adapter tube that would get you as wide as 24mm (35mm equivalent). I've just bought it for use with my FZ50 and my girlfriend's FZ8, but last year I went to Paris, took my Olympus DSLR and 7-14 Zuiko. Wide angle lenses create stunning shots inside these gorgeous Gothic cathedrals. A 24mm equivalent will get you quite a bit wider than the 35mm equivalent view you get at the "wide" end of an FZ8 or FZ50. Some of these are wider than 24mm, butANY wide angle from 24mm on will give much more dramatic views...

This nextimage is an equivalent of 28mm. The panasonic wide adapter goes wider than this...

Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2007, 6:08 PM   #23

PantsUK wrote:
Quote:
but posting tghem all up is a proper hassle ... can anyone post up how to do it easily like click and drag a whole bunch of photos etc etc
Happy has given you the basic answer. When you subscribe to a photo hosting site you can upload your photos to that site and then click on the Insert Image link and paste a link to the photo, this is how people who have multiple photos in a single post do it. The other benefit of course is that you can then easily share photos with friends, family and of course we folk at the forum.

Photobucket, which Happy mentioned is one such option, there are numerous, just type "photo hosting sites" into google. Many have free options and most also offer a more premium, paid service. If I might be so bold as to suggest a couple of options. In the free space photobucket, flickr, fotki. In the paid space I believe the three best to be pbase, smugmug and zenfolio. I use zenfolio and can hide private directories, password protect directories for family & friends, organise my shots into various categories. All the others do this sort of thing as well.

Have a look at my zenfolio site at rafael.zenfolio.com to see what a paid site looks like, but if you are going to get into this, start with one of the free sites and work out if it is worth it for you to pay or if a free site will fullfill your needs. Then if you decide you DO want the additional benefits of a paid site, make use of the free trial period they offer to make sure you are happy with them.

Hope this helps.

rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2007, 6:18 PM   #24

Nice set of photos!!!!
annie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2007, 9:36 PM   #25

I would love to see it and be able to take some great shots like yours.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2007, 12:14 PM   #26

thats again guys for your response.

Greg that's exactly what I'm looking for great pics by the way, have you got the model number !!>!>???

Thanks again ...

have you got any pics from the FZ8 to post yet ?!?!?
PantsUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2007, 2:29 PM   #27

PantsUK wrote:
Quote:
thats again guys for your response.

Greg that's exactly what I'm looking for great pics by the way, have you got the model number !!>!>???

Thanks again ...

have you got any pics from the FZ8 to post yet ?!?!?
The model number on the wide adapter is DMW-LW55. here it is on Panasonic's website:

http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs...00000000005702

It's been out of stock...seemingly forever, at places like B&H in New York, so last week I called Panasonic. They put me in touch with their parts group in Washington State (ph. 800-833-9626) and they had them, so I went ahead and paid $40 more than B&H's list price, BUT at least I was able to buy it. They said 7-10 days, so it should be in my hands within the next week or so.

I will be able to just screw it onto my FZ50, but the FZ8 requires an adapter tube, and it's different from the adapter supplied to mount the lens hood, so I'll be ordering that for my girlfriend to use it too.

While I have beenable to play with her FZ8, but have no images on my computer to post on my website, but I've done a little testing with my FZ50 and have posted images from itto a couple of folders on my siite here:

http://gmchappell.smugmug.com/gallery/2753108#146443687

http://gmchappell.smugmug.com/gallery/2748480#146075626

I've been a dedicated RAW shooter with my DSLR's, so naturally that's what I've done in these images, but shooting RAW all the timewith the FZ50 is going to be very demanding both on card and hard drive space at 20MB per image!
Old Apr 25, 2007, 3:06 PM   #28

Wouldn't you know....

two seconds after I hit "enter" to post the above message I got the call. My wide angle adapter arrived from Panasonic. They said 7-10 days, but it got here in 3 buisness days.It's a nice, lightweight accessory. Definitely not as heavy as it looks like it might be in the pictures.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 10:23 PM   #29

All very nice architectural photos. Really enjoyed them all.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2007, 11:25 PM   #30

Really nice shots, Pants. Congratulations.
I liked them all ... but, particularly, the stained glass in #8, the fan vaulting in #9, the B/W effect in #10 and the perspective in #11 (a series of four good ones !!!)
WindRowe is offline   Reply With Quote