Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 25, 2007, 1:51 PM   #21

Very nice shots, I think I agree the selective sharpening of the eyes has improved it, which package are you using, CS?

I am sure you have posted your specs before but which lenses are you using for macro, you are getting some very good results, I tend to loose more depth of field than I want when using both the 6T and the DCR250, I think I need to remember to back off sometimes and not use the full strength.

Chris
Seedubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2007, 2:00 PM   #22

Thanks Chris, most of my shots are processed with Irfanview....it doesnt do as much as Photoshop can but usually I just crop, resize and sharpen my shots, occasionally I`ll mess about swapping colour channels or use the gamma correction/contrast to brighten shots up.
I`m using the DCR150 lens at present, but I`m planning on getting a 250 soon for better shots of small stuff like the jumping spiders, shots like these with the 150 need quite a bit of cropping at times.

Mark
Mark H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2007, 4:06 PM   #23

All great macros. That Yellow Dung Fly is superb!
Beth Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2007, 4:09 PM   #24

Thanks Beth glad you liked them

Mark
Old Apr 25, 2007, 5:01 PM   #25

great shots m8 as per normal one thing though ...

can you post me up a picture of one of those spiders next to a 2p coin or something for reference as from your pictures they look massive and frankly I'm a little scared LOL

good work

In the UK I thought we had flies .. bugs ... and house spiders .. you're opening my eyes!!! I live in the country I guess I must just have my eyes shut !!
PantsUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2007, 5:12 PM   #26

Hi Pants, thanks for the kind comments, i`ll try and get a shot with something in for scale soon for you. To give you an idea in the meantime, the Zebra Spiders in this thread, are the same size as a grain of rice, uncooked.....very tiny.
As far as numbers of species go.....since starting with the dcr150 lens (not sure of the exact date i started but a month and a half at most i`d say)I`ve come across over 100 insect species just in my garden alone, and it`s not even summer yet.....haven`t managed to shoot them all but i will in time.

Mark
Old Apr 28, 2007, 11:20 AM   #27

Couple of shots from the last day or two......

1# Hoverfly....
Attached Images

Old Apr 28, 2007, 11:22 AM   #28

#2 another black and white fly(Anthomyia pluvialis) for Vaiboy......
Attached Images

Old Apr 28, 2007, 1:15 PM   #29

I'm really liking those black and white flies, we have some black and gray flies sort of like that but the markings aren't as nice. I'm working on another batch of fly photosmyself, they should be up sometime today.
vaiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2007, 1:28 PM   #30

Those black and white flies are so small that you dont notice the markings until you see them on the LCD.Look forward to seeing the new fly shots, thanks for commenting.

Mark