Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 26, 2003, 6:49 AM   #1

Default New Fz1 user and notiched 2 weird things (so far :x)

First time i held it in my hand i notiched that when i tip it forward so the lens faces the ground and then back so it faces straight up, just doing that back and forth a hear like a slight hitting noise in the lens assembly. Anybody else notice this? Can you try on yours and let me know if mine is screwed up? And on a quite morning (today at 6:30am ) i went to try to see what kind of shots i could take and for whatever reason i put my ear near the camera around the left side of the flash area. Well it sounded like a beeping like noise like from movies and supercomputers is the easiet way i can describe it! Is this normal as well? Both these things seem strange to me especially #1. BTW if i turn on the camera so the lens is out it doesn't not bang this light banging noise. Just when off. Thanks in advance!
Tazman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 26, 2003, 7:12 AM   #2

Welcome Tazman2.

The "banging" noise in the lens is apparently nothing to worry about and is to do with a free lens element or something that is needed for the image stabilisation facility. There's mention of it in the dpreview forum. I'll try to find the link later.

Not sure about the beeping noise. There are various "reinforcement" sounds the camera has that can be switched off from the menus (except perhaps in the"Heart" simple mode).
normjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2003, 7:37 AM   #3

Here's the thread on the lens "clunk" :

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...essage=5382470
Old Jul 26, 2003, 7:49 AM   #4

Hehe.. no its the the menu beeping sound.. i had the camera in the regular mode and just holding it while on and i hear it when i put my ear next to the flash area on the left side. Odd. Try it in a quiet area Maybe i'm just more nuts then i thought! :lol:
Tazman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2003, 8:10 AM   #5

Sorry, Tazman2, dunno what it can be if the flash isn't chargin' and the lens isn't zoomin' or focusin'. Surely you can't hear the image stabilisation motors?

I can't hear the noise you describe. Maybe there is something odd about the camera. Or maybe you're not nuts, just bats? :lol: