Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 27, 2007, 5:00 PM   #1

Finally got my camera back from the panasonic people who fixed it, with help from a member of this forum

Heres some pics I took with the Raynox 250 snapped onto it, as always click the images for bigger pics and information about the image.

If The Wind Changes You Will Stay Like That

Snug As A Bug In A Rainbow Coloured Rug

I May Have Got To The Top But I Am Not Impressed With The View

Feather Duster Head

Water Boy

romerojpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 27, 2007, 5:45 PM   #2

Excellent shots. Were you just using the onboard flash for these or an external?

Interesting insect in pic 4, I came across something similar this week but it vacated the leaf before I could shoot a few pics of it

Mark
Mark H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2007, 7:42 PM   #3

Nice shots. And captions. I like number 3 best.
Steve
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2007, 10:31 PM   #4

Those are really great shots! I really like the weevils!

It's good to see you finally got your camera back.

It's been driving me nuts since Mark posted the picture earier this week. I finally did some research and the insect in #4 is a midge.
vaiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2007, 11:35 PM   #5

Good detail and clarity in these. Love the last one, it is a very good composition and well executed. Putting the returned camera to good use.
rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2007, 9:39 AM   #6

Thanks all.

I use on onboard flash.
I wish I didnt as its not the best when you want to take lots of photos really quickly. As it overheats after a few minutes of constant use and doesnt fire instantly like I want it to, it does the job, but not quite perfectly.
I want a external flash, but find it hard to see any in for me in the UK at a OK price as dont want to spend too much yet. But I really want an external flash which can fire off quick bursts, unlike the Panasonic FZ30 built in one.

and a midge we get tyhem in the thousands when it rains sometimes, really irratating little pests which fly close to your face, have to avoid them.

weevils good, though tthey were, but didnt know they became that big. This one was about the size of a smaller ladybird, nice little thing it was too quite calm and happily wandered onto my hands and onto my plate of food! :lol: I dont think it enjoyed the food, as it did some serious cleaning once it had finished.
Old Apr 28, 2007, 10:43 AM   #7

Good results for the onboard flash I hadn`t noticed an overheating problem on my fz20 flash, i`ll have to watch out for that in future.
Weevils come in all sizes....I posted some shots of one not so long ago on here that was approaching hoverfly size.

Mark
Old Apr 28, 2007, 11:05 AM   #8

The overheating only happens when I go mad and use the flash shot after shot after shot and do not let it cool at all even for a second when you take a lot of flash pictures very quickly it has no time to cool down I guess, but if you need a picture and the flash is delayed a few seconds it can irratate me.
Old Apr 28, 2007, 11:15 AM   #9

Absolutely...., especially if during that time the subject has flown off (been there done that myself)

Mark
Old Apr 28, 2007, 9:13 PM   #10

I always miss the best pictures becuase I did not have the camera turned on and ready, never mind the flash delaying