Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 6, 2007, 3:21 AM   #1

Hi all,

I recently ordered the t-con17 and wcon07; I basically forgot to consider the use of screw-in filters. I've got a marumi-uv and circular pl. The question is:

If I screw the circ-pl in front of the lens, and the a converter 'on top', will the filter still work? My guess is that it will darken things, but thinking further, the diffuse light is probably converted much more to 'direct' light by the converter. Is this true?

One more: Are there any solutions for the use of nd-graduals on top of a wide-converter?

Thanks!

Suitcase
suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 6, 2007, 8:24 AM   #2

It is not a good Idea to use anyfilter between the camera and a TCoon 17 and I would say definatley not a polarizer.....

If you think you must use a GND filter perhaps you should look into the Cokin filter holder system......IMHO it is really the only system that works well with the graduated filters, but then I am not a fan of the graduated filter.

http://www.adorama.com/Search-Result...ilter%20holder
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2007, 11:33 AM   #3

Thanks for the answer Genece

It's the answer i was afraid to get The Cokin filter sys works pretty good indeed, I've got the a-type already, but that's obviouslynot goingfit in front of a converter.. Guess is it will be blending (if required). Works very well, but best with static scenes.

Cheers!

[glow=lime]Suitcase[/glow]
suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote