Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 5, 2007, 5:22 PM   #1

Hello
Can someone help me with this one?
On my FZ8 I usually setthe viewfinder display to plain screen, with just the focus area showing. Now for some reason, I'm sure it wasn't there before, the Image Stabilizer Off icon is there as well. I can't get rid of it. If I turn IS on, the icon appears for a couple of seconds, then goes off. But when I turn IS off, the icon is there all the time until I press the shutter button.
Is it always there all the time and I've not noticed it, or have I changed some setting by accident?
Thanks
dangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 6, 2007, 6:26 PM   #2

I'm not familiar with the FZ7, but on my FZ3, there is a button labeled "disp" which, when pressed, will toggle between different options visible in the viewfinder. Try pressing this button repeatedly and see if the display that you were looking for pops up.
propwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2007, 6:31 PM   #3

I'm not familiar with the FZ7, but on my FZ3, there is a button labeled "disp" which, when pressed, will toggle between different options visible in the viewfinder. Try pressing this button repeatedly and see if the display that you were looking for pops up.

(Sorry about the double post. I don't know what happened.)
propwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2007, 5:30 AM   #4

Thanks for the reply.

I've asked the question on other forums as well, and it appears that the icon is there all the time, but for some reason I've not noticed it.

If I can't see what's in the viewfinder, it doesn't give me much hope for taking a good picture does it?

Thanks again
dangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2007, 2:37 PM   #5

I have an FZ7 and don't usually turn off image stabilization but you made me curious so I played around.

In all program modes I tested, the off symbol is there for all screens except the one that has data stacked on the right side of the screen and the bottom instead of on the top or no data. So if you did not have it before it may have been that you were using that display mode. You mention not being able to see what is in the viewfinder; in the mode that does not have it there it appears the entire frame is visible but smaller then it was with a full screen view.

Hope this helps.
Steve
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote