Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 7, 2007, 11:46 AM   #1

Hi, i'm new on this forum, I usually lurk around the pentax one.

I'm a happy owner of a pana fz5, bought in hurry when my daughter was born, and I recently bought also a pentax K100D.

I have to admit that in general the reflex gives me more satisfaction, but lately i decided to start doing some macro.

So my doubt is: better to invest 370$ for a macro lens for the reflex, or trying with a close up lens for the fz5? I see a lot of people here do macros with the fz5, so I ask, do u suggest investing on the reflex, or the pana does well the job?

What about the flash in case? Is usually enough the built in, or I would need anyway an external one? ( in that case, having to buy it, I would get everything for the reflex ).

Thanks for the help

Gianni
Lando is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 7, 2007, 4:48 PM   #2

Many of the photographers on this forum are using their FZ series cameras to do macro work. There are some amazing images. Just check out some of the postings and you will see the quality of work. A number of us use the Raynox DCR-250 close-up lens. For the cost of about $40 for the Raynox plus about another $20 for a lens adapter you'd have a pretty good system, I dare say comparable to what you'd get by spending $370 for a dedicated macro lens for your SLR. That's my own personal opinion, others on this forum may beg to differ, but I certainly am happy with the DCR-250 and for 1/6 of the cost of a macro lens for your SLR, what do you have to lose?
Narcis Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2007, 6:20 PM   #3

about the raynox, I was reading it comes with an universal adapter, isn't that good for the fz5?
Lando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2007, 11:12 PM   #4

The Raynox does come with a universal adapter, which fits various sizes of lenses, however you still require another adapter onto which the Raynox is attached. This adapter replaces the lens hood of your FZ5. Check out raynox.com as well as bugeyedigital.com for lenses and adapters.
Narcis Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote