Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 10, 2007, 1:24 PM   #1

I see a lot of fantastic macro and birding images on this forum...so many, you'd almost think that's all Panasonic cameras are good for, so I thought I'd post a few from a major league baseball game I went to last night and took my FZ50. For the type shots I'm looking to record at an event like this, I was very pleased..

This is from a three image burst that I combined in Photoshop CS2..

The full-sized images can be viewed here..

http://gmchappell.smugmug.com/gallery/2978788#P-1-15
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 10, 2007, 2:40 PM   #2

Excellent set of images Greg. The composite shot is superb.

Mark
Mark H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2007, 5:25 PM   #3

Great series of shots, as MarkH has already said, the composite is fantastic. The funniest thing is I have no idea what any of the score boards are telling me !

Tony
tonymurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2007, 8:11 PM   #4

I'm with Tony. Baseball is a mystery best left to you amercans. But I like the photos. Yes the panny is such a versatile beast, it seems to do well in so many situations. Gotta love that lens, its calrity and zoom capacity are class leading really.
rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2007, 9:48 PM   #5

You guys are too funny!

Tony, that's about my position in cricket, and I've been interested in learning for over 30 years when I first found out about a famousplayer downyour way, rafinmelb,
with my exact name. I've watched it a few times out of curiositybut never have tried to figure it out.

The FZ50 is just a great camera. I have really been impressed with it from day one. I haven't taken my DSLR out since getting it, and have even bought a second Panasonic camera, the TZ3. I'm headed back to Paris in September for 15 daysafter having gone there last year for 12 days. The difference is, I'll be taking these two Panasonic bodies instead of my heavy DSLR outfit like I did last year.
Old Jun 11, 2007, 12:09 AM   #6

These are impressive shots. The one of Sosa swinging has a little bat blur so I know he was moving fast but the rest of him is really sharp. And as mentioned, nice job on the composite.

Combining birds and baseball, we had a couple over who attend Cub games. They said if you sit way up high at Wrigley Field; towards the end of the game when people leave because the Cubs are losing seagulls and pigeons will come and sit in the empty seats around them hoping for peanuts.
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2007, 1:37 PM   #7

The main thing that pops out at me is the colours! It feels like your watching the game on the TV. nice.
romerojpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2007, 1:23 AM   #8

Greg - nice series showing whatever on earth they are doing!

As for not understanding cricket, you should watch Australian Rules football. I am a passionate follower of the West Coast Eagles and often I can't understand what is going on! There are18 players each side on the field plus an interchange bench, 3 field umpires,2 goal umpires and 2 (I think) line umpires. In addition each team has messengers which they send on to the field to pass on instructions and give out drinks.....I will not mention the goal (much) except to day there are 4 posts. If a player kicks the ball through the centre posts without it being touched by the opposition, the team scores 6 points. If he misses and and the ball goes through the outside posts, he scores 1 point. If the opposition accidently or deliberately throws or kicks the ball through any of the goalposts that is also 1 point

There is more, but I need an afternoons nap so I'll watch the cricket on TV

Fred
Bootneck3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2007, 9:27 AM   #9

Hi Fred!

I have watched Australian Rules Football before, and I think it's great. I actually picked up on that gamepretty quick and wish ESPN would show it more often at times that were convenient for me to watch. If they ever brought an exhibition over here I'd pay to go see it. If I lived there I would quickly pick up watching the local club. Constant movement/action/contact...everything we like.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 1:56 PM   #10

And you should be pleased with your work. You did a very nice job with adifficult subject (stop action).The composition and sharpness is top notch. The composite photois superb and the anticipation of the catcher and umpire portrayed on thephoto below it is fantastic.

Emmanuel
Macnite is offline   Reply With Quote